Peek at the Week
Week of October 1st, 2018
Staff Shout Outs!
- Thank you Shannon & Coral, along with your class, for organizing an amazing Terry Fox event! Word has it that grand totals have far exceeded the set goal of $3500!
- A huge thank you for our knowledgeable and caring First Aid Team! Always there when they are needed!
- Thanks to the "cleaning fairies" for purging and organizing some of our shared spaces.
- Kudos to all staff for your deep thinking around school goals and improvement for moving all kids forward in their learning. As said by a colleague " The minds within this building can move mountains", and we believe it to be so.
- Annual Learning Plans due October 1 (link to template in September Staff Mtg Smore)
- Please complete the School Effectiveness Self Assessment (link in the PA Day Google Slides)
- Report Card set up forms are due to Brenda.
- Come and get a yellow vest for yard duty if you don't already have one.
- IEPs due on October 9th.
This Week at Southview
Monday, October 1- (Day 4)
- ALPs due
- Orange Shirt Day & Unity Stomp Ceremony 10:45am (gym)
Tuesday, October 2 (Day 5)
- Maker Meeting for anyone interested, 8:30 am (library)
- Fire drill - 1:00pm
Wednesday, October 3 (Day 1)
- Zumba starts (2:15-2:50 K-3; 2:50-3:25 4-8)
Thursday, October 4 (Day 2)
- Bus Patrol training for selected students 9:30am (library)
- Staff yoga with Diana (after school)
Friday, October 5 (Day 3)
- Tiffany away all day
- Kindergarten to Wynn's Orchard
Upcoming Events and Special Days
October 8 ~ Thanksgiving - No School
October 9 ~ IEPs due
October 9 ~ Fort Henry Road Race
October 12 ~ Bus Safety Presentations - gym
October 16 ~ Staff Meeting, 8:00am
October 17 ~ Kindergarten & Hendry to Pumpkin Patch
October 18 ~ Author Presentation, Shane Peacock
October 22 ~ We Scare Hunger campaign begins
October 26 ~ PA Day