Running Club News
October 30, 2017
Off and Running!!
- Spooktacular Workout... We had a great time today pretending!! The kids were chased by zombies (tired teachers), jumped over huge spiders, ducked out of the way of flying bats, crouched down under sticky webs, and tiptoed past monsters who were waiting to scare them. They did a skeleton sprint around the bus lane, too!! Then, they turned into zombies and chased the teachers! These kids are a blast and we have loved working with them each week! Hard to believe we have just two sessions left!
- NOVEMBER FUN RUN... we just want to remind you that if you do not sign up your child for the Thanksgiving morning Fun Run following the directions below, your child will NOT be able to participate in the event or receive a race shirt. Parents MUST complete the registration, and the running club will handle the payment. Please let us know if you have questions. So far we only have about 10 runners registered, so we are getting nervous that parents may not have done it yet. Again, let us know if your child will not be coming to the race so we can check their name off. Thank you!!
- Don't Forget Your Note!... please remember to send a handwritten note each Monday giving your runner permission to stay.
- How to sign up your child for the November Fun Run... Please follow the directions below to do so. If you know you will be out of town for Thanksgiving and CANNOT make the Fun Run, please just e-mail Lauren Williams to let us know (email@example.com).
How to Register Your Child for the November 23 Fun Run!
For waiver/legality reasons, you must register your own child for our November 23rd Fun Run at Little Mulberry Park. See below for the steps...
- Visit this link
- Look on the right side of the screen, choose Register: Online & Print & Mail a Check
- Enter YOUR information
- Choose Register Someone Under the Age of 18
- Follow the steps to register your child, choose their shirt size and choose Fun Run
- Save & Continue
- Choose "I'm Done" (please register just your FMES club member right now)
- You will get to the payment screen, enter coupon code FMES, click 'apply coupon', the price should drop to $12.00
- Click Save & Continue
- Click Print Registration
- IGNORE the $12 fee! You do not have to pay it by check, the Running Club will cover the cost for all of the runners!
- E-mail Mrs. Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you have registered your child.
If you or other family members want to register for the 5k or Fun Run...
- Follow the exact same steps, but you WILL have to mail the check for yourself/additional family members. You can also choose Pay Online, but there is a fee.
- You may use the FMES coupon code, but it only works for one person each time. You can go in and register everyone separately to get the savings or just let it work for one person, your choice. If you have many extra runners, you may want to look into the Family discount rate option for savings.
- Mark your calendar! Running Club meets 3:30-4:15pm on November 6 and November 13. Remember, you must be on time to pick up! We will dismiss in the car rider line by the gym. If your child is going home with another parent, we will need written permission in order to release them.
- Our Fun Run race is Thursday, November 23rd at 9:00am at Little Mulberry Park. We will send out more information as it gets closer!
Meet Your Coaches!
Have been running for many years and love sharing that with the kids! Running is so rewarding and a great way to set and meet goals!