Midway Mustang Memo
Parent Feedback Needed!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We need your help! We are looking for your feedback. We would like for you to complete the Georgia Parent Survey.Please take a few minutes to complete the 24-question Georgia Parent Survey linked here: https://gshs.gadoe.org/parents.
You may complete the survey using your personal computer, smartphone, or tablet. The data collected from the survey will be used as part of the calculation of the School Climate Star Rating, which is an indicator in our academic accountability system, the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI). Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis.
Thank you for help!
Denmark Community Parent Series Night #2
Learn how to help your child maximize their opportunities at every level with concurrent sessions for elementary, middle, and high.
January 30, 2020
Tis' the season for sharing, so let us share with you the two primary goals the Midway PTO has set forth this 2019/2020 school year!
1. Increase PTO membership (Thanks to all those who joined the PTO this year)
2. Increase awareness about what PTO is and what it does for each and every Midway student
Upcoming PTO Events:
We will be hosting Bingo Night on January 24th from 6-8pm. Please plan to attend this fun family event! We will have popcorn, pizza, drinks, and of course, BINGO! Prizes will be given out to the winners, and we’ll have raffle baskets with TONS of AWESOME prizes!
In Other News:
With your tremendous support, the Midway PTO is happy to announce the following purchases:
1. TWO interactive STEM panels, pictured below. These were voted on by Midway students and they will be installed in the next couple of months. These two panels alone, with installation, cost just under $5,000. This was not an inexpensive endeavor, but again with your support we were able to make this a reality for our students and school!!
2. Due to popular demand, we were able to purchase additional long sleeve spirit wear which will be for sale at Bingo Night. We have designs for both girls and boys in children’s sizes. Quantities are limited, so come early to ensure you get what you want.
3. Two additional wireless microphones for use during events in the cafeteria (International Fun Festival, the December Choral Event, Bingo Night, etc..).
4. Approved another round of Teacher Grants. $1,000 in additional grants will be funded over the next couple of weeks.
These purchases would not have been possible without the support of parents and students in the Read-A-Thon, International Fun Festival, PTO Memberships, Hoopschwag sock purchases, etc….
Please know that your support enhances each student's and staff’s experience at Midway. THANK YOU!!
Congratulations to the following students for their work in our PTO Impressions Contest.
Tech Tips: BYOT
This time of year often brings new devices to our students. Parents often wonder what the rules and expectations are for BYOT, or Bring Your Own Technology. You may read all the details on the Technology Dept webpage: Click here to read about BYOT.
Instructional Technology Specialist
2020 FCS Student Tech Fair
Students and Parents, the 2020 Forsyth County Tech Fair is right around the corner! Registration for the event begins on Dec. 1st and goes through Jan. 14th.
The Tech fair will be on Jan. 25th, 2020 at Whitlow Elementary. Click the link to find out more about registration, and how to enter!
The holidays are a wonderful time to catch up with family and friends. Many families travel over the holiday break as well. Along with all the celebration come stress. Eight in ten Americans report that the holidays are a time of increased stress. The good news is nearly 9 in 10 believe that holidays should be more about family and caring for others, not giving and receiving gifts.
Some ways to help reduce stress over the holidays are:
- Read a good book together.
- Draw and color or paint a holiday scene.
- Bake some goodies or make some tea. The scent will be wonderful and calm your nerves.
- Play or exercise.
- Sing and laugh.
- Watch a favorite holiday movie.
- By doing these things together you can reduce the holiday stress and have some special time together as a family.
May you have a safe and relaxing holiday break,
Dr. Collins & Ms. Driscoll
Winter News from the Nurse
I hope all of our Midway families have a happy, healthy break to enjoy time with family and friends before I see you again in 2021! Remember to keep up with your healthy habits by making good food choices, washing your hands, blowing your nose properly and getting a good night sleep.
Although we all hope for a healthy start to the New Year, January and February tend to be the months the clinic sees the most illness. Keep your child home if they have a temperature greater than 100, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or excessive coughing and sore throats with headaches. Symptoms must be gone for 24 hours before returning to school. If you need to keep medication at school, please have a parent drop it off to the clinic directly. This includes over the counter items like cough drops too!
Lastly, it is never to late to get your flu shot. Familiarize yourself with the difference between a cold and the flu. Symptoms common on fast with the flu and generally include aches, fatigue, weakness, chills, headache and chest discomfort with cough. Fevers are not always present. Colds are more gradual with onset and rarely have a fever or headache. Most colds are characterized by sneezing, stuffy noses and sore throats.
Kelly Monahan RN
Wanted! Substitute Licensed Nurses for our Schools!
Are you a licensed RN or LPN? Would you like to work the same hours as our schools? Our students will warm your heart!
Please contact Connie Trent at 770-887-2461, ext. 202336 or email@example.com.
Forsyth County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or gender in employment decisions or educational programs and activities.