Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #20
January 8, 2021
- Monday, December 7-January, 14th: Students will remain virtual through the rest of quarter 2.
- Friday, January 8th: Notification of Teacher for Semester 2 with Zoom information
- Tuesday, January 12th: Zoom with new teacher/class 9:30am-10:30am
- Wednesday, January 13th: Zoom with new teacher/class 9:30am-10:30am
- Thursday, January 14th: Zoom with new teacher/class 9:30am-10:30am
- Thursday, January 14th: End of 2nd Quarter. Report Cards available in the afternoon for 1st-5th Grade in HAC
- Friday, January 15th: No School- Institute Day
- Monday, January 18th: No School- MLK Day
- Tuesday, January 19th: Start of Quarter 3- changes to schedules in effect
- Monday, January 25th: Chipotle Freeman PTA Fundraiser
Blended Experience: Return to Learn Update from Dr. Craig
Updates and Timelines
- Personalized email sent out today (1/8) regarding your child's teacher for Semester 2.
- Bus routes and times will be available via each student’s bus route account the Friday afternoon before their return (1/15/2021)
- After January 8th, Freeman will no longer be a food distribution site during the day. Please see flyer below for schools that will remain as distribution sites. West Aurora High School will now be the closest location to Freeman.
- Breakfast will not in be the classroom (students will need to eat at home before coming to school)
- Food will be sent home (dinner, b,l,d,b) sent home each day your kid is in person. If you need meals for anyone else at home, please stop by one of the distribution sites or contact the main office. Families will have the option to opt out of having food sent home with students and will need to complete a form. More information included below.
- In Person students will follow the A/B Schedule- 8:30am-2:20pm. Students will enter the building at 8:25am. alternate Fridays. Non in person days will meet with students via Zoom from 8-8:25. Virtual Students will 8:00am-2:20pm. Daily schedules will be communicated by the virtual learning teacher.
- Daily symptom screener completed Monday through Friday by 8:00am
Important Food Service Announcement for Elementary Families
Food Service information:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form in Spanish: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A05c6d99b-5d82-4411-982c-6148d9b14c33&fbclid=IwAR1jI1qU-WgJCsUGafM2lxHrKcAq01uLNV7aRyCwFW00qH_MsoNIA1ZuPYw#pageNum=1
SD129 Student Daily Health Screener
Although District 129 will continue with virtual learning until the end of the second quarter, we will continue to monitor the health and wellbeing of all of our students and staff. Beginning on Monday, December 7th, we will transition from a weekly symptom screening to a daily screening (Monday-Friday). Each morning, we will send a link to the email address you provided when you created your Health Screening account. The screener will prompt you to answer questions regarding the health of your student and if they have had any close contacts to someone with the virus.
Once back to in-person instruction, the screener will help guide you on whether your child can attend school that day. It will also prompt communication with our schools’ health office to see how we can help support your child during and after their absence.
All parents who are sending their child back to in-person instruction for second semester will be required to establish a symptom screener account. Please use the link and helpful hints below to create your account.
Here are a couple of helpful hints:
- The initial account should be completed in the parent/guardian name
- To add students to your account, click on “My Students” at the top of the page and then “Add Student”
- Please register your student’s legal name, as you did when registering for school
Instructions to create your account and add your students to your profile is included in the video and infographic linked below.
- Video Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SP7787SSv4oQFd59gbTezFWd92_Vk947/view
- Infographic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaaQM9sFTjJHwi2LRakPNAsXUzeo768I/view?usp=sharing
The same account set up will also be sent to your primary phone number listed for SMS messages. Account set-up is easy, but for assistance please contact Mrs. Andrea Delgado via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation in creating your account.
Please use the link to create your student symptom screening account. Additional instructions have been emailed to you. https://bit.ly/3lrpGUt
Winter Coats Available
SD129 COVID Reporting & Cleaning Procedures
SCRIP is back! Gift card purchases give back to Freeman PTA
SCRIP is back! It's that program where we used to send home a form, and you would fill it out and send back the form with payment to buy gift cards.... and then the gift cards would arrive? All you need to do is download the app!
Download the app from the Apple Store
Or Google Play.
Then you just need this enrollment code to set up your account
You can get instant e-cards (great for last minute gifts) or physical cards, they just take a little longer.