Friday, May 13th
Field Day has finally arrived! Students will enjoy participating in Field Day activities on Monday, May 16, at Panther Stadium!
Important Field Day Reminders:
- Only parents/family members who signed up with Mrs. Allan to work at a station may attend Field Day (this is a district-wide procedure)
- Field day is for Shull students only; volunteers working at stations may not bring any other school-aged (or younger) child with them (this is a district-wide procedure)
- Lunch (pizza and drinks) WILL BE PROVIDED for all volunteers, courtesy of Ms. Swickhamer!
- It will be relatively chilly Monday! (The expected high temperature is 65 degrees)
- Please have your child dress in LAYERS-shorts under pants, hoodies over T-shirts, etc. (NO swim wear permitted)
- All students MUST wear socks and tennis shoes
- Students may wear/bring water bottles, hats, visors, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Please pack an extra healthy snack for your child--there is one snack station but kids will be extra hungry after running and playing all day
- If we experience inclement weather, all activities will be moved indoors
Talent show is Tuesday
The Talent Show is on Tuesday.
Our annual, "Shull's Got Talent," performance is Tuesday, May 17, at 6:30 p.m. Performers should be dressed in costume and arrive at Shull by 6:15 p.m. Please encourage your child to practice their routine/performance as often as possible so our audience is engaged and impressed! All friends and family members are invited to attend.
Monday: No Specials
Friday: No Specials
Friday: No Specials
No Spelling this week
*I can read accurately and fluently to support comprehension within grade level text.
*I know and apply grade level phonics skills and word analysis skills in decoding words.
*I can demonstrate the conventions of standard English capitalization and punctuation.
We reviewed common and proper nouns this week. We also reviewed capitals at the beginning and ending punctuation.
*I can demonstrate the conventions of Standard English capitalization and punctuation
*I can write an informational piece.
We worked on writing with a topic sentence, headings, details and a conclusion.
*I can interpret data and graphs.
This week we continued learning about data and graphs. We created our own graphs using data given to us. We also told how much more and less.
I can conduct an investigation to determine if plants need water and sunlight to grow.
We stared an investigation about plants this week.
*I can be responsible and kind.
*I can follow directions the first time.
Dates to Remember
5/16: Field Day
5/17: Talent Show
5/20: Last day of school