Ms. Cox and Ms. Issacs Class News
Dec. 5, 2014
- Class Playdate
- Classroom Needs
- Class Gift to Teachers
- Upcoming Activities
- I know it has taken a while, but we are finally having a class playdate for Ms. Cox's class. As this is a very busy season we have planned it for Sunday, December 14th from 1-3 at the grassy space between the La Brea Tarpits (5801 Wilshire Blvd, LA) and LACMA (5905 Wilshire Blvd, LA).
- Please bring bikes, scooters, balls, frisbees, and snacks to share with your classmates. There is no play structure, but there is a huge hill and a big grassy area for the kids to run around in.
- After, at 3 pm, there is a showing of a movie called Just Breathe, filmed by a parent at our school with children from CWCMV in the movie, including kids from Ms. Cox's class. It might be a fun thing for your kids to go and see their schoolmates in the short film.
Class Gift to Teachers
- Here at CWCMV rather then having students give individual gifts to teachers, we collect from the families and then pool all the funds to divide amongst the teachers.
- If you are unable to donate do not worry, all of the children will sign the class card.
- Money can be given at drop off to the drop off volunteer or in the office.
- Please put the money in an envelope with the teachers name on it or paper clipped together with a note with the teachers name.
- Also, parents can write a note and hand it in with the cash, or email email@example.com, with a personal note for the teacher. I will be cutting those up and pasting them in a card.
- Please bring the money in and have the notes sent over by Friday, December 12.
- The second grade has the smallest classrooms. The library is our opportunity to get our kids a little more space during the day. This Saturday, the 6th, we are having a move day to get all of the unneeded items out of the library and consolidate our storage units. Once this is done we can then begin the work of building out the library space which, when completed, will have a positive impact on our kid's days at school. If you can, please think of volunteering on Saturday.
- If you are interested call Jenn Wilkinson at 310-780-2601 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for any time you would like, but call her before you come as we will not be at the school the entire day. There is also childcare available in the Venice area from one of our parents for those who will need that to be able to volunteer.
- Don't forget you can volunteer in class, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uA0wya7vk8f_zoz6U9D7M7EHYmL4gAsX0QS56jTc4Xo/edit#gid=0
- This is our month for drop off and we are desperate for volunteers please go here to sign up http://www.cwcmarvista.org/volunteersquad
- Don't forget the toy drive ends 12/12 and volunteers are needed for the LAPD winter wonderland on 12/13. Please sign up this is an amazing event!
Dec. 6 - Volunteer to help with Library/Storage moveDec. 12 - Cafecito from 8:15-8:45, Alison will have a Q&A about facilities space.
Dec. 12 - Last day to bring in an unwrapped toy for toys for tots
Dec. 13 - Volunteer at LAPD Winter Wonderland
Dec. 14 - Ms. Cox class playdate on grassy area between La Brea Tar Pits and LACMA
Dec. 17 - CWCLA board meeting at CWCMV
Dec. 19 - Winter Concert 9 am-9:45 am
TBD meet and greet with new Executive Director prior to school break
Tuesday Jan 6, 2015 - School back in session, spirit day, wear your pajamas!