Eating Disorder Resources
Eating Disorders- The Facts
- Extremely restricted eating
- Extreme Thinness
- Distorted body image
- Relentless pursuit to lose weight
- Frequent episodes of over eating followed by forced vomiting, use of laxatives, or fasting
- Person usually maintains a relatively normal weight
Binge Eating Disorder
- Loss of control over eating habits
- NOT followed by a purging session
- Person is usually overweight or obese
Chicago Community Resources
333 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1900
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Eating Recovery Center's Insight specializes in treatment for eating disorders, mood and anxiety disorders, and obesity.
- Programs included are: residential, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and individual therapy
- Six treatment centers in Chicago, four levels of care and daytime, evening and weekend programming
- Serves men, women, children, adolescents, adults.
3523 N Lincoln
Chicago, IL 60657
The Awakening Center is an outpatient private practice, and our professionals have a diverse array of skills and the compassion necessary to guide you on your road to recovery.
- Includes individual psychotherapy, nutrition therapy, therapy groups, family/marital therapy, art therapy and movement therapy
- Services men, women, couples, children, adolescents, and adults
- No partial hospitalization program or IOP
- Group therapy schedule including Drop in groups (You may join these groups any week, by just showing up. No preregistration necessary.) and closed therapy groups (these groups require an intake interview and a commitment to the group.)
5 Revere Drive, Suite 100
Northbrook, IL 60062
The Renfrew Center of Chicago, located in the suburb of Northbrook, specializes in the treatment of anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and related mental illnesses. Programming consists of a comprehensive range of services.
- Offers residential services, day treatment, IOP, nutrition, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy
- Services children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, men and women.
- Specialized programs available for Observant Jewish and Christian
40 Timberline Drive
Lemont, Illinois 60439
Timberline Knolls, a private residential treatment center for women, is respected nationwide for its treatment of eating disorders, substance abuse and addiction, and mood disorders.
- Serves girls and women ages 12 and up for all types of eating disorders
- For school-age girls/women, we will also request to connect with her current or most recent school. The educational staff at Timberline Knolls Academy will be part of the process of assessing the woman’s need for support in the classroom.
3322 N Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
We are a cooperative of independent professionals dedicated to providing innovative, thoughtful, and compassionate psychotherapy.
Our cooperative is multidisciplinary and includes a psychopharmocologist, psychologists, social workers, counselors, and a nutritionist.
- Provides individual therapy and counseling, nutrition therapy and medication management to adults, children, adolescents, couples, and families
- Group therapy schedule. For more information about group therapy or to schedule an intake appointment for group therapy, call us 773.857.1939
5721 S. Maryland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
The eating disorders clinic implements the Maudsley Family-Based Treatment, in which parents apply a variety of strategies to help their child over his or her eating disorder.
This approach includes 20 outpatient sessions over 6 months, and has been proven to be extremely successful.