North Pointe News
Week of October 8th, 2017
BACK TO SCHOOL BASH DONORS
Thank you to our DONORS!
10 Star Fitness
Anderson Arts Center
Blake & Brady
Blankets for Beauties
Blue Water Carpet Care
Children's Museum Greenville
Christy Tripp Photography
Cobbs Glen Country Club
Congressman Jeff Duncan
Dick's Sporting Goods
Grady's Great Outdoors
Katelyn Guthrie Photography
Monat - Melissa DeAngelis
Rodan + Fields -Tess Hill
Spinx Gas Stations
Strickland Fine Arts
TTi - Ryobi
Young Living - Daniela Zobrist
UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN
Quarters for a Cause!
It's time again for our United Way Student Campaign! Students will be brining home film canisters to fill with quarters. The class that raises the most money will win a pizza party! Please help students as they bring these home this week. All money is due by November 1st. Thank you for your generosity.
National School Lunch Week
National School Lunch Week is October 9-13. We are asking parents and students to try out our school's delicious lunch menu. Mrs. Cobb, our cafeteria manager, is working hard to make this a fun week! Each day the class with the most participation percentage will get a prize. Also, random lunch trays will have a stickers on the bottom so students who are chosen will get an extra sale item of their choice! Tables will be set up with activity and coloring sheets for students to take. Students who turn coloring sheets back in will have them hung in the cafeteria for a coloring contest. The winner from each grade will get a prize! We hope parents can join us in the fun this week!
The menu next week will be the following:
- Monday: “Build” your own burger w/lettuce, tomato, cheese and pickles, Corn chowder soup and Yogurt plate.
- Tuesday: “Tailgating” Popcorn chicken smackers (wear your favorite football team shirt/jersey!), Hot ham & cheese sandwich and Yogurt plate.
- Wednesday: “Fiesta” Beef tacos w/lettuce, tomato and cheese, Loaded baked potato w/cheese and ranch and Yogurt plate (everybody that eats our lunch gets a COOKIE!).
- Thursday: “PIG Out” BBQ sandwich, Oven roasted chicken and Yogurt plate (Homemade Mac & Cheese!)
- Friday: “Meaty” Pepperoni or cheese pizza, Taco soup and Yogurt plate.
Thanks for all you do in supporting school food nutrition!
For more information... www.schoollunch.org/nslw
District Five Accreditation Process
- Friday, October 20th: Parent Reports will be coming home about your child's state SC Ready and SC PASS test scores.
- Friday, October 20th: 6:00-8:00 Monster Mash!
- October 23-27: Red Ribbon Week
- October 24-26: Cognitive Abilities Assessment for all 2nd graders (This assessment is used to determine students who will qualify for Gifted and Talented in third grade.)
- Monday, October 30th: Parent Conferences and Professional Development day for teachers
- Tuesday, October 31st: Report Cards go home