Northwest Early Elementary
Notes from the Principal
As we enter the month of May many parents/guardians are very concerned about their students academic level. Please remember that we experienced a global pandemic and we cannot compare this last calendar year to any other. Northwest Early Elementary is adjusting curriculum and curricular supports in an effort to meet the students where they are at. We are absolutely trying our best and I greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support as we move through this pandemic together.
If you need your Parent Portal access information please call the office at (517)817-4705.
May 5 and 12- Kindergarten Roundup *Please see Nwschools.org for information, new students only
May 7- First Grade Kona Ice and Wild World Adventure Field Trip on school grounds
May 14- Second Grade Kona Ice and Wild World Adventure Field Trip on school grounds
May 28- Kindergarten/Y5 Kona Ice and Wild World Adventure Field Trip on school grounds
May 31- No School Memorial Day Holiday
Snack and Birthday Treat Reminders
● Only pre-packaged snacks will be allowed (no cupcakes).
● Students need to be able to carry birthday/snack treats on their own
● Teacher will hand out snacks to the students.
● Students will not deliver birthday treats throughout the building
School Arrival Procedures
- Students may be dropped off beginning at 8:45 a.m.
- Parents will have the option to park in a parking spot and
walk students to the crosswalk, or drop off their student
in the drop off lane.
- Staff will be assigned for safe crossing and exiting from
- Kindergarteners will enter the main entrance and line up with their teacher or buddy teacher in the cafeteria.
- First Graders will walk down the first grade sidewalk (labeled on lamp post) and meet their teachers just inside the doorway in the main hallway.
- Second Graders will walk down the second grade sidewalk (labeled on lamp post) and meet their cohort teachers in their classrooms.
- Students will be expected to wear masks in preparation
for entering the building.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry points.
- Medication must be transported by a parent and checked in at the office.
- Over-the-counter medications (cough drops, Tylenol, Tums) must have doctor's order.
Parking Lot Safety Reminders
- Please stay off your cell phone! Your eyes on the road are the best tools for parking lot safety.
- Please continue to pull all the way up and use the crosswalk.
- If you need to escort your child inside please park in a designated parking spot and not along the drop-off curb.
We encourage promptness since tardies affect everyone and disrupt classroom time. One of the most valuable life skills a student can learn from his/her parent/guardian is the responsibility of arriving at school every day on time. Morning is the time when important school news is announced, teachers define the plans for the day, and instructional goals are reviewed and set. The whole tone of a child’s school day is set in the first part of the day.
School starts at 8:55 a.m.
If your student is not participating in their classroom morning routine by 9:00 a.m. they will be considered tardy.
Students not in their classroom seat by 9:00 a.m. shall be considered tardy.
If the supervisory aides are not present when you drop off your student, they are tardy. Please make sure to come in the office and sign them in.
Doctor appointments/professional appointments are excused with a doctors note.
Please help support your child in learning habits that will help them be successful at school and throughout life. If you need help or have concerns getting your child to school on time please contact the office. We are here to help.