Lockport City School District
March 2, 2020
Message Relating to Coronavirus
This message is to inform Lockport City School District staff, families, and community that while the Lockport City School District has NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our schools, the District is closely monitoring this evolving situation and following guidance from the New York State Department of Health, Niagara County Department of Health, and the New York State Education Department. The District is in the process of compiling guidance and information to keep you updated as often as necessary. In the meantime, there are a number of steps that students, staff and community members can take to minimize the spread of communicable diseases, according to the New York State Department of Health:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please be assured that the District has protocols in place and has been taking steps such as cleaning and disinfecting throughout our schools to minimize the spread of viruses and other illnesses. We will continue to seek guidance and plan appropriately with local, regional, and state health and education agencies. Please know that the health and safety of students and staff is our highest priority. We will remain vigilant in our efforts to help prevent the spread of illnesses.