From the Middle EMS and ELA
News from the Principal, December 8, 2020
Hello Parents and Families,
This week we have all sorts of fun and important stuff going on. Please see below for important updates.
In particular, we have finals next week, Monday--Thursday. No school on Friday and then we are out for Winter Break. Students are set to return for semester two on January 6th. At this time, we do not have information regarding whether or not we will be in-person or remote, but I will be sure to share with you as soon as I have that information.
If at any time you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out.
~Annessa Hart, Principal
Each student with perfect attendance (which means on time, camera on, and participating/engaged in class) will be entered to win a fabulous prize pack* with prizes such as: Starbucks card, Amazon gift card, King Soopers gift card, board games, pickleball racquets, and much more!
*Each prize pack is unique and will contain different various prizes.
1. Maintaining electives choices for our middle school students
2. Social emotional/mental health support for students, education for teachers and staff
3. Health and safety
4. Teacher retention
To ensure we have a comprehensive view of our parents' perspectives, if you would like to give additional feedback on the priorities or share other thoughts, please complete this survey. (by December 15)
Teachers are sharing these schedules as well and explaining to students how testing will occur.
Attendance is mandatory at each of the sessions Monday--Thursday, just like a regular school day.
Englewood Public Library to the Rescue!
Englewood Public Library has created a new service to help students called “Kids Next Read”. Based on a short survey (linked HERE), librarians assist with picking out books for curbside pick-up.
Free E-Books and E-Audio Books
Technology Support During Rolling Remote
Parents/Guardians- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your students' names and a brief description of the problem. You can also call the Tech hotline @ 303-806-6883.
ATTENDANCE DURING REMOTE LEARNING
If your student or household is dealing with Covid, please leave a message on our attendance line so we can continue to track Covid in our community.
- Students who do not login will be counted absent.
- Students need to be on time to their zoom call. Missing too much of the Zoom call will result in an absence.
- If your child will not be present in remote learning, please call the attendance line to excuse their absence (within 24 hours of the absence).
- One point of confusion for students has been which day and which zoom. We are on a rotation schedule just like we were while in-person. If students struggle with getting on Zoom, they should email their teachers immediately so teachers can help problem-solve.
Rules and expectations for our students when they are in a remote learning environment.
FREE Covid Testing Sites
People who take advantage of these tests do not need to be Denver residents.
In the Pirate's Cove parking lot, free testing is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Testing requires pre-registration.
In the event the district calls a delay start to school, the building will open 90 minutes later than usual. Linked here is the delay start schedule for both EMS and ELA.
Englewood Schools uses four metrics (with Arapahoe County data) to determine if we must shift from In-Person learning to Remote learning. These metrics are based on science, facts and the best interests of our students and staff.