CTL Back-to-School Bulletin
September 7, 2020
Welcome to Our New Home!
After six months, tomorrow we will be back together again. So much has happened to be thankful for--so many miracles to get CTL where it is for our back to school celebration. We thank all who worked so hard and contributed so much to make this happen. Welcome to the new families who have joined us!
It was wonderful to see so many of you at the Meet the Teacher last week. There was a joy in the building among the children, parents, teachers and all who are so anxious to get back to school.
Many adjustments have been made in our CTL routines to keep everyone safe. Following are procedures that will get us started this week.
- Take the entrance just north of the Saddlebrook Equestrian Center entrance. 10431 is our new address and is on a plaque attached to the tree by the entrance. Follow the road through the parking lot and around the building to the ramp at the back door. This door will be open from 7:35 to 7:55. Ms. Maia will take temperature checks on the back deck until 7:55. At that time, if the student passes the check, he/she will enter through the back door with a mask. We will space the students so they are 6 feet apart in the hallway. They will go directly to their classrooms. At that time teachers will apply the hand sanitizer, will host morning meeting at 8:00 a.m. and will explain the procedures for the day. If you arrive early, please wait in the car-rider line.
- Exit through the back gate only--only one-way traffic morning and afternoon.
- Pickup will also be at the back door from 3:05 to 3:25 on Monday through Thursday and 1:05 to 1:15 on Fridays.
- If you are late, you must call or text the front desk when you arrive. Ms. Maia will meet you at the front door across from the outdoor cafeteria to sign your child in.
- Only CTL staff will be allowed in the building per CDC Guidelines in the morning, throughout the day, and in the afternoon
- There will be no after-school activities or after-care until the risks of COVID are over.
- No lunches will be brought in for purchase on Fridays until COVID risks are over.
- We continue to monitor the CDC Guidelines. Follow the link to our updated COVID-10 Guoidelines.
- Please continue to follow CDC Guidelines while away from school so we can all stay safe! Thank you! in advance!
We are so excited to welcome your children tomorrow. We promise to do everything in our power to keep them safe and happy.
Thanks for Your Contributions
We continue to be thankful for the capital campaign contributions. Student numbers are now at 54. Our goal is to reach 70 students, so please continue to share our Facebook page and website with your friends and on your social media sites including neighborhood groups. Last week's contributions included:
Heidi and Rob Christian - $2,000
Total contributions to date are at $10,000.
Community Impact Magazine Tomball/Magnolia Recognizes CTL
CTL Welcomes Patricia Pedraza, Grades 9-10 Spanish Teacher
In addition to her passion for languages, Patricia believes that life is better lived by experiences that also contribute for a better world. She is an active cyclist for good causes and every year participates at the BPMS150 riding from Houston to Austin to have a multiple sclerosis free world. She trains hard every weekend, riding from 25 to 75 miles as well as for other causes. Patricia also loves running. She has completed more than seven half marathons and one marathon in the USA and Mexico.
And to keep her brain busy and active, another of her passions is to write poetry in Spanish. Because of that, she founded a bilingual poetry group named Alianza Poética Intercultural to keep alive this beautiful literary genre and also to discover and promote new poets. An anthology with poems in Spanish from worldwide poets including three great poems of her own inspiration called Best Literary Work- Mi Mejor Obra Literaria! Patricia feels blessed and grateful to be part of the CTL Family teaching Spanish.