USD 231 Board Briefs
February 10, 2020
Madison Elementary School
The Pledge of Allegiance was led by students from Madison Elementary. Students from the Madison Student Leaders group presented information related to the work they are accomplishing at MDE.
Nike Elementary School
Students from Nike Elementary presented information related to the William Allen White Book Club.
Superintendent Stranathan shared updates related to the following: a flowchart for how to address concerns in USD 231; an overview of the mental health training series designed to provide information and training community business leaders; and the addition of a School Resource Officer at GEHS (2020-21).
Additionally, Dr. Jody Marshall, Director of Human Resources, shared updated enrollment and staffing information. RSP Associates, demographers, shared updated projected enrollment information with the board of education.
Lastly, Jeremy McFadden, Director of Business and Finance, and staff from New Beginnings shared information about a new employee assistance plan, designed to support staff members who may be going through a crisis.
Approved Action Items
- 3.1 - Approved School Board Candidate John Brandon Parks for District 2, Position 2.
- 6.1 - 6.4 - Approved Consent Agenda consisting of: Minutes of the regular meeting held on January 13, 2020; Auditing services for FYE June 30, 2020; Claims/Financial Statements.
- 11.1 - Recommended action to approve the purchase of 2,000 Google Chromebook Academic Licenses from Insight Public Sector.
- 11.2 - Approved a three-year contract with PowerSchool for a USD 231 student information system.
- 11.4 - Approved Personnel Report
BOARD OF EDUCATION
VIEW THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
NEXT BOARD MEETING
Board of Education - 231 E. Madison Street. Gardner, KS. 66030