Mashburn Elementary Blue Bear Notes
April 29, 2016
- May 5 Ice Cream Social for New Kindergarteners
- May 9 NO MEAL CHARGES BEGINS
- May 11 Spirit Night @ Maxwell St. 4-10 PM
- May 11-13 Spring BOGO Book Fair
- May 13 Field Day
- May 9-13 Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 24 Spirit Night at Rosati’s 5-10 PM
- May 26 Fifth Grade Graduation
- May 27 Last Day of School, Pre-K Graduation 9:00-9:30
- May 31-June 1 Kindergarten Screenings
- August 2 Open House 9:00-10:30AM (Kindergarten), 4:30-6:30PM (Grades 1-5)
Through the month of April, we are continuing to focus on the mindset 100% Accountable. We are all 100% Accountable for our own success and happiness. As you and your children work towards being 100% Accountable remember to:
1. Own Your Life- Do not allow the opinions and actions of others to matter more than your own.
2. Overcome Limiting Beliefs - The greatest limitations in life are those you place on yourself. These limitations come in the form of fears and excuses that inhibit confidence. Reprogram your thinking to overcome these limiting beliefs.
3. Focus Your Energy - There are 24 hours in a day. People who get the most out of life do the most with the time they have. They spend more time doing things that give them energy, and use their energy to learn and accomplish what is important to them.
4. Grow Through Life- Life is a process of continual growth. Recognize this and seek to learn from all experiences, good and bad. When you do so, you will constantly get better.
Class Placement Survey Now Available
I cannot believe it is time to start thinking about class placement for 2016-17. We have been busy behind the scenes setting next year up to be another successful and ridiculously amazing year. Now we need YOUR help! This is your opportunity to give us your feedback on class placements for your child. If you know of someone who will be attending Mashburn next year, please forward this link to them also. Please complete this by May 13th as we will be working on class placements after that.
Visit https://goo.gl/S66QfF to complete the survey or ask your child’s homeroom teacher for a paper copy. Completion of the survey is not required.
Robotics Team Seeks New Applicants
New Kindergarten Dates
- May 5, 2016 - Ice Cream Social for all upcoming kindergarteners! Drop in from 3:30 to 4:30 to meet the kindergarten team and other upcoming kindergarteners.
- May 31, 2016 and June 1, 2016 - Kindergarten Screening for all upcoming kindergarteners. Please visit the Sign Up Genius link to reserve your time: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0F48AFA828AA8-kindergarten1
- August 2, 2016 – Kindergarten Open House will be held at a separate time from 9:00am-10:30am. All other grades will be from 4:00pm-6:30pm. This is a fun time for our new kindergarten students to ride the bus to school, see your classroom, meet your teacher, and learn all about kindergarten routines and procedures.
Spring Book Fair
The Spring BOGO Book Fair will be May 9-13. Mrs. Hobbs is currently looking for volunteers to assist with straightening, organizing and running the register. The Book Fair will be open during Field Day, so please consider helping out with both events! To sign up, please visit:
Tours for New Mashburn Bluebears
We are offering our new student/parent tours on Friday May 6, 13, & 20 from 9-9:30 each day. Interested parents can contact Mrs. Brown in the front office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-889-1630 at extension 750100 to add their name to our list.
Be a Mentor!
Relay for Life
Are you interested in helping our school raise money for a great cause? You can be a part of the Mashburn Relay for Life Team or support your favorite team member with your donation.
Please click here to donate or join the team. We'd love to see lots of our Mashburn Bluebears and their parents at the Relay for Life event.
As we come to the end of another school year, Forsyth County Food Services will no longer allow Negative charges to student accounts effective after meal service on Friday, May 6th 2016.
To ensure that your child can continue to enjoy school meals or to clear your student’s account of any negative balances, please send a payment (cash or check) to the school, or visit www.MyPaymentsPlus.com to make a payment online.
Al llegar al final de otro año escolar, el Servicio de Alimentos del condado de Forsyth ya no permitirá tener balances negativos en las cuentas de los estudiantes después del servicio de comida del viernes, 6 de mayo del año en curso. Para asegurarse de que su hijo pueda seguir disfrutando de las comidas escolares o para evitar que la cuenta de su estudiante entre en saldo negativo, por favor, envíe un pago (efectivo o cheque) a la escuela, o visite www.MyPaymentsPlus.com para hacer un pago en línea.
ESOL Parent Meeting/Breakfast
** SAVE the DATE **
ESOL Parent Meeting/Breakfast
ALL ESOL parents are encouraged to attend!
Friday, May 20, 2016
9:00am in the Media Center
** Reserve el Dia **
Una reunión/desayuno está planeada para todos
los Padres de estudiantes de ESOL.
El viernes, 20 de mayo
a las 9:ooam en la biblioteca
(espero verlos a todos)
Parent Night at Lakeside
5th Grade Pool Party
We are proud of our 5th graders! Let’s celebrate by enjoying a Luau Pool Party at the Aquatic Center on May 20th from 5:30-7:30pm. Pay $10 at the door. Mashburn students only, and a parent must be present.
Please confirm your attendance at the following link: