Tips on how to find food on a deserted island
How do I know whats poisonous and whats not?
Whatever you decide to eat, cook it first. You can tell if something is poisonous if you hold it to your tongue for 15 minutes. If you have no reaction to it, rub it on your your arm or anywhere else on your skin. If you don't develop a rash or if you chew the item and it doesn't taste bitter, it's not poisonous.
Tips on how to catch fish
Food is very imprtant when stranded
- You have to be careful of what you ingest
- One of your best sources is the ocean
- Fish is a good source of protein and calories
- Some fish can be eaten raw
- To be safe, cook the fish before eating
- You can sharpen a spear to catch them
- If there is no fish, look for tropical fruits
- If there are no fruits look for insects to eat
- Insects are also a good source of protein
- You can eat grubs, ants, grass hoppers, etc.
- MAKE SURE THE INSECTS ARE DEAD BEFORE YOU EAT THEM
- WATCH OUT FOR POISONOUS PLANTS, BERRIES, AND MUSHROOMS
- If you don't recognize something, DON'T eat it
- Some roots are also edible
- Tree bark is a good source of food
- You can build weapons to catch food out of sticks and pointed rocks