Talking & Responding
The Integration of Strands 1 & 3
Foundational Communication Skills (Strand 1)
Sharing Your Thinking with Others
- Unit of study centered
- Listen Actively
- Express an opinion
- Work collaboratively
- Participate / Engage in meaningful discourse
Task: What skills were employed during the discussion?
- Plant a question in each group (author's purpose, personal connections, words)
- Builds content knowledge
Task: What does the author want you to believe after watching this video?
Share your thinking and learn from others!
8th Graders Share Annotations
- Describe personal connections
- Provide oral, pictorial, or written response
- Write brief comments on literary & informational texts
- Use text evidence
- Retell, paraphrase, or summarize texts
- Interact with sources in meaningful ways (note taking, annotating, freewrite, illustrate)
- Respond using newly acquired vocab
- Discuss specific ideas
- 2-5 minutes
- "Stop and reread what you wrote."
Task: Write a blurb that showcases your learning thus far today. Be sure to use #hashtags to show your thinking.
- A silent discussion