AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
September 16, 2022
- September 19, 6:30 p.m. - School Council Meeting in the Learning Commons
- September 20, 11:30 a.m. - MC College lunch visit
- September 26, 6:30 p.m. - Annual General Meeting for Band in the Band Room
- September 29, 9:30 a.m. - Truth and Reconciliation Ceremony
- September 30 - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (schools and Central Services closed)
- September 30 - Orange Shirt Day
- October 3-6 - Read In Week - Choose Your Own Adventure Theme
- October 5 - Word Teachers' Day
- October 5, 2:16 p.m. - Early Dismissal
- October 7 Professional Learning Day No Classes
- October 10 - Thanksgiving Day - School Closed
- October 11 - 5:30 p.m. - Jr High Awards in the Theater
- October 11 7:00 p.m. - Sr High Awards in the Theater
- October 14 - Mount Royal University lunch booth
EIPS Teacher Awarded Congratulations to our own Mrs. Purdy
Important - Permission Click forms
Look for your Permission Click forms:
Student Health and Safety Contract
Student Responsible Technology Use Agreement
Thank you for your attention to this matter
Update your PowerSchool information
The EIPS Correction and Verification Form is now available online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. Use the form to access and update your child’s records information—including address, parent and guardian information, emergency contacts and medical information. Reviewing the form and submitting updates ensures the school has the most up-to-date information regarding your child.
When reviewing the form, pay close attention to all listed phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information. Also, if you recently moved, now is the time to ensure the Division has your updated address. Throughout the year, the Division and school uses the listed information to communicate with families about important information, including updates, the latest news and event.
Review and update the form by Sept. 22, 2022.
For more information about the PowerSchool Correction and Verification Form, contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
Sync the School Calendar to your calendar
Did you know you can sync the school calendar to your own calendar? You can. Simply, visit https://www.ardrossan.ca/calendar and click on the applicable subscription option:
· Download to iCal
· Add to Google Calendar
· Subscribe to Calendar
NOTE: Options are located above the calendar.
Once you click on the desired subscription option, follow the instructions. Within seconds, your calendar will contain all Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School’s important dates including holidays, school-closures days, planned activities, events and more.
Pay School fees online!
School fee information for the 2022-23 school year will be posted on the PowerSchool Parent Portal in late September. All fees are due within 30 days of being posted. To access your fee information, simply log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and go to “Student Fees.” There you can view your fees and pay online using a credit card.
Don’t forget to log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal regularly throughout the year. Fees are often added to your child’s account to cover the cost of certain school activities such as field trips, class projects, athletic-team fees and more. Additionally, junior high and senior high fees can change as courses are added and deleted.
If you’re unable to pay your school fees, you can apply to have certain fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2022.
For more information about school fees, waivers and payment deadlines visit eips.ca. Alternatively, contact Mrs. Chancie Cole, Business Manager at Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School at 780-922-2228.
Video surveillance on buses
Did you know each EIPS bus is equipped with video surveillance?
Video surveillance and equipment help:
· ensure the safety of all students, drivers and property; and
· discourage destructive acts.
Regularly basis, EIPS Student Transportation reviews the video recordings, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The recordings assist the department with monitoring student and driver conduct and may be used as evidence in a disciplinary matter.
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, contact the EIPS FOIP Co-ordinator at 780-464-3477.
Please scan the QR code to fill in the online form to recieve your parking pass. Passes will be available during lunch in the office.
• Traffic flow is one way entering and exiting the new student parking lot.
• Grade 12's can park in any of the parking stalls available.
We have reserved the parking stalls highlighted in pink as the "Grade 12 Only". These include all of the plug in stalls except for the 3 highlighted in blue for staff. This will be enforced.
Grade 10/11 students may park in any of the areas highlighted in orange.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED YOUR PARKING STICKER PLEASE ENSURE IT IS VISIBLE WHILE IN THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT.
Ardrossan Music Parents' Society - AMPS
Hello Ardrossan Band Parents!
World's Finest Chocolate Sales have started and cases are flying out of Mr. B's office! There are cases of Chocolate Covered Almonds, or assorted chocolates: Mint Meltaways, Caramel Whirls and assorted bars (Chocolate Almond, Chocolate Wafer, Chocolate Crisp). All are guaranteed 100% Peanut Free. Cases can be purchased from Mr. B for $90 (30 items/case) via etransfer, cash or cheque. Payment must be received before cases can be released. Each box of chocolates is only $3.00 and can be purchased from band students!
PLUS this fundraiser is a Student Band Account fundraiser - so for every case your Band Student sells, $15 goes into their own band account to be used towards band camp, trips, and festivals! It's a win-win! Pick up a case or two and sell them at your work, to family, friends and neighbours. You might even want to stock up for Halloween!
We look forward to your support! If you have any questions, please contact Mr. B or the AMPS President (AMPSpres@gmail.com).
Also, a friendly reminder about AMPS' AGM on Monday, September 26th in the band room at 6:30 pm. Board elections will be taking place with all positions being open for nominations:
Our Board is volunteer-driven and the only way we can keep supporting the band program is if YOU give of your time and run for board positions. Many board members have children phasing out of the school at the end of this year, so new board members are needed to continue this great work!
If you're not able to run for a board position, we always welcome new faces at our board meetings, and we are always looking for help with events and fundraisers. We'd love to have you involved!
Don't forget to complete the AMPS Membership Form and either email it back to AMPSPres@gmail.com or send it to Mr. B! AMPS is a society and only 'members' can be involved.
Post Secondary School Visits
Coming soon . . . stay tuned!
EIPS Career Pathways
The September 2022 Career Pathways News is now available.
What is Career Pathways? Career Pathways is a Division model designed to foster the growth of every student by supporting their journey from early learning through high school completion and beyond. From kindergarten through to Grade 12, students develop awareness of self and discover possibilities for life beyond school through competency-focused experiences. Students will have the opportunity to learn about themselves, explore multiple career possibilities, set goals and make plans.
Why is Career Pathways important? Career Pathways is designed to help students develop a curiosity about the world around them, develop a personal inventory of strengths and interests, and learn how to build upon them. Through purposeful, student-centred activities and experiences connected to curricular outcomes, teachers in all grades will encourage students to develop the transferable skills required for success in the future.
The Career Pathways model encourages student, caregiver and teacher conversations to learn about self-reflection, goal setting and creating a personal skills inventory. Career Pathways fosters an environment where parents and guardians, as well as the local community, are seen as partners in education. Opportunities to build and demonstrate competencies essential for work and life is the foundation for Career Pathways planning in the classroom.
- September 16 & 17 - Sr Varsity Volleyball Tri Volley Tournament
- September 19, 5:00 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs Beaumont @ AJS
- September 19, 6:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs St. Peter the Apostle @ AJS
- September 20 - Sr. Varsity Golf Tournament (Boys @ Links Spruce Grove) (Girls @Stony Plain Golf Course)
- September 20, 4:00 p.m.- Jr. Sr. Girls Volleyball vs. ABJ @ ABJ
- September 20, 5:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Volleyball vs. ABJ @ ABJ
- September 20, 5:30 p.m. - Jr Varsity Woman's Volleyball vs. Dr. Anne Anderson @ AJS
- September 21 - Junior High Bison Thunder Cross Country
- September 21, 5:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs Bev Facey @ Bev Facey
- September 21, 6:30 p.m. -Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs. Austin O'Brien @ Austin O'Brien
- September 22 - Junior High Bison Thunder Cross Country (Rain-out Day)
- September 22 - 24 - Jr Jr Boys EIAA Volleyball Tournament
- September 22 - 24 - Jr Jr Girls EIAA Volleyball Tournament
- September 22, 6:30 p.m. - Jr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs. Leduc @ Leduc
- September 22, 7:30 p.m. - Bison Football vs. Lillian Osborne @ Ft Saskatchewan Taurus Field
- September 23 - 24 - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball Center Classic Tournament @ EVP Center
- September 23 - 24 - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball Dragons Invitational Tournament @ Didsbury High School
- September 26, 5:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs. Albert @ AJS
- September 26, 5:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs. Dr. Anne Anderson @ Dr. Anne Anderson
- September 27, 3:30 p.m. - Jr Sr Boys Volleyball vs Cloverbar @ AJS
- September 27, 3:30 p.m. - Jr Sr Girls Volleyball vs. Cloverbar @ AJS
- September 27, 5:30 p.m. - Jr. Varsity Woman's Volleyball vs Austin O'Brien @ Austin O'Brien
- September 28, 4:00 p.m. - Jr Jr Girls Volleyball vs St. Theresa @ AJS
- September 28, 5:00 p.m. - Jr Jr Boys Volleyball vs St. Theresa @ AJS
- September 28, 5:00 p.m. - Bison Football vs. Holy Trinity @ Ft Saskatchewan Taurus Field
- September 28, 5:00 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Men's Volleyball vs Lillian Osborn @ AJS
- September 28, 6:30 p.m. - Sr. Varsity Women's Volleyball vs St. Andre Bessette @ AJS
AHS Addiction & Mental Health School Newsletter
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
MR. CLARK'S CALM 20 CLASS
Firefighter, Paramedic and 911 Dispatchers sharing experiences from their professions with Calm 20
Firefighter, Paramedic and 911 Dispatchers sharing experiences from their professions with Calm 20