Design A Classroom
This is your chance to redesign the 6th grade science room!
Your "job" is going to be to redesign our science classroom.
Imagine all of the things you would love to see in your classroom. Remember, it is a place of learning, but that doesn't mean it can't have cool stuff! What should the desks look like? How should the furniture be arranged? What type of lab equipment do we need? How do we integrate technology?
Here are the guidelines:
- Create enough "workstations" for 26 students: what will be included at each workstation?
- Create a lab demonstration area
- Create a lab equipment storage area
- Think about the size and scale of the room (approximately 10'x10')
- Be sure to include the Smartboard, the sink/cleanup area, a "teacher" area
- What will be on the walls/displays?
What will it look like??
What do we need? Where will we store them?
What tools/supplies are necessary?
How will we use the Smartboard, computers, Ipads, Smartphones, etc.
What to do?
Create a poster, powerpoint (at least 10 slides), or Smore flyer (just like this one). Be sure to include pictures, diagrams, and a detailed description of your classroom. Be prepared to present your super science classroom during the first week of school.