North Elementary School- March 24, 2016
Duties for the week of March 28
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 1
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Debbie, Katie, Stephanie, Teri, Becky Loethen, Linda Asher (March and June Birthdays)
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 27
Calendar of Events
Thursday, March 24- Monday, March 28
- Spring Break! No School!
Friday, March 25
- Happy Birthday, Jason!
Monday, March 28
- Happy Birthday, Karly!
Tuesday, March 29
- School Resumes
- IEP (5S) at 8:15 am in the office
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in Room 110
- MAP training for grades 3-5 at 3:15 pm in the library
Wednesday, March 30
- Fast Math Demonstration at 4:00 pm at Dix Road (Amy Brewer and Stephanie)
Thursday, March 31
- Last Day for Trustworthy Books
- Storyteller assembly grades K-2 at 1:00 pm in the gym
- Storyteller assembly grades 3-5 at 1:30 pm in the gym
- PTO Family Game Night from 6:00-7:30 pm
Friday, April 1
- Paraprofessional Appreciation Day- I "donut" know what we would do without Deidre and Nicole!---- Donuts for breakfast in the lounge by 7:30 to celebrate!
- 5th grade fishing trip
- Summer School Teaching Applications Due in Talent Ed
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
Happy March Birthdays to:
8- Cheryl Stoner
9- Linda Renn
10- Deidre Mueller
12- Amy Brewer
23- Amy Backes
25- Jason Starke
28- Karly Berendzen
- Online Health Risk Assessment Surveys are to be completed by March 31, 2016. (See email from Becky Pfenenger dated February 16 for information.)
- Applications for Summer School Teachers are due in Talent Ed by Friday, April 1.
- Summer School student enrollment forms due to the office by Friday, April 8.
- Nominations for the Central Bank Ralph Shroeder Citizenship award are due to Barb by Friday, April 8. (Grades K-4)
For Upcoming Newsletters:
I am starting to include all activity dates for newsletters between now and the end of the year. This doesn't mean you have to include them ALL in newsletters starting immediately. Use your judgement as to what you begin to include and when.
- PTO Family Game Night on Thursday, March 31 from 6:00 -7:30 pm
- Summer School Student Enrollment forms due to the office by Friday, April 8.
- Grade 4-5: Group Pictures are on Tuesday, April 12
- Grades 3-5- include your MAP testing schedule each week in April so that parents will try to avoid scheduling appointments.
- School store is Thursday, May 5
- Yearbook orders will be due on Friday, May 6
- Sing off for grades 1-5 is Wednesday, May 11 at 8:30 am
- Fourth Quarter Brag Tag assemblies are on Monday, May 16: Grades K-2 at 9:00 am and Grades 3-5 at 10:00 am
- 5th grade promotion is Tuesday, May 17 at 8:30 am
- Sports Day is Wednesday, May 18 from 12:30-2:30 pm
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 19. Dismissal is at noon.
Our Trustworthy study will end on Thursday, March 31. Please send the character book to the office after you read it aloud on Thursday, March 31. We will begin our accountable books on Monday, April 4. There will be no character book for Friday, April 1.
MAP Practice Testing
Beginning April 13, the lab is going to be closed almost daily for third grade MAP testing. Information about technology specifics will be coming soon. You will want to be prepared to make other plans for lab times if you already have them scheduled in April.
SRI and FRA end of year testing
If you have any new students, please be sure they have taken the SRI/ FRA for the first time by March 31!
What is Bullying?
The stopbullying.gov site states:
In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:
- An imbalance of Power: Kids who bully use their power-such as physical strength, access to embarrassing information, or popularity- to control or harm others. Power imbalances can change over time and in different situations, even if they involve the same people.
- Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.
Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.
Click here to access all of the resources for preparing for the MAP test.
- Weekly entries should be made into Infinite Campus in each subject area.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!