Career Center Weekly Update
The University of Georgia Career Center
- Are you graduating? Take our survey!
- Tweet #ArchReady on April 22
- UGA Alumni Career Fair
- Instagram Your Experience
- Franklin College Maymester "Boot Camp" in Entrepreneurial Leadership in the Arts and Sciences
- Inspiring Local Careers: Sustainable Athens
- Face the World Event
- Internships, Part-Time Jobs & Full-Time Jobs
- Fall 2014 Peer Tutor Positions
- Fernbank Museum Internships
- Internship with the Jacksonville Armada Football Club
- Harvard Business School's Summer Venture in Management Program
- Quality Assurance Specialist Position at Valuation Management Group
- Government & Nonprofit
Career Center Events
UGA Alumni Career Fair
Wednesday, June 4th, 1-3pm
6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Alumni from the classes of 1962 to 2014 are invited to network with employers who are specifically recruiting UGA graduates! This event is also excellent for networking with fellow Bulldogs.
No pre-registration required. Bring a copy of your resume as your ticket in!
All UGA graduates from every class year and degree program are invited to network with employers and fellow Bulldogs at this incredible career event serving Metro Atlanta. This career fair is open only to UGA graduates and only happens once a year! Business Professional Attire is recommended, and there is no cost to attend.
Franklin College Maymester "Boot Camp" in Entrepreneurial Leadership in the Arts and Sciences
Residential immersion experience in the newly renovated Rutherford Hall
6 credits: FCID 3800, Leadership in the Arts and Sciences
MGMT 5500, Entrepreneurship and New Venture Formation
Regular tuition and fees apply; financial aid and HOPE-eligible.
Program fee of $1,000 includes housing, meals, course materials, field trips, and all extracurricular activities.
Space is limited; contact Linda Bachman (email@example.com) for more information and application materials.
Inspiring Local Careers: Sustainable Athens
Wednesday, April 23, 3:30pm -5:00pm, UGA Law Dean Rusk Center, 4th floor, Larry Walker Room
This career-oriented panel will feature Athens-based industry leaders in sustainability from ACC Government, Athens Land Trust, Georgia River Network, Noramco and Terrapin Brewery. Learn about internships in sustainability and recycling from local industry experts. Co-sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, Terry College Net Impact student organization, and UGA Environmental Law Association.
Jobs and Internships
(This is just a few of the 370+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #50439, Marketing and Communications Intern
Cobb Chamber of Commerce, Marietta, GA
DAWGLink #50495, Civil Engineering Intern
Cranston Engineering Group, Augusta, GA
DAWGLink #50624, Finance Intern
Newell Rubbermaid, Atlanta, GA
(This is just a few of the 690+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #51024, Social Media Content Manager
EvoSheild, LLC, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #49717, Territory Sales Manager
Altria Group Distribution, GA or SC
DAWGLink #50714, Art Consultant
Wendover Art Group, Atlanta, GA
Part-Time Job Opportunities
(This is just a few of the 120+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #51249 Education Program Specialist
Georgia Center for Assessment, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #51324, Public Affairs Student Worker
UGA-Food Services, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #50646, Life Guard/Swim Instructor
Brad Akins YMCA, Winder, GA
Fall 2014 Peer Tutor Positions
The Division of Academic Enhancement will soon be hiring UGA students as peer tutors for the fall 2014 semester for the following subjects:
Accounting (ACCT 2101, 2102)
Chemistry (CHEM 1211, 1212, 2211, 2212)
Math (MATH 1101 – 2270)
Physics (PHYS 1111, 1112, 1211, 1212, 1251)
Spanish (SPAN 1001 – 3010)
Statistics (STAT 2000)If you know students who are interested, please refer them to our website to apply (http://tutor.uga.edu/arc/apply-to-become-a-tutor/). Applicants must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA and in the subject(s) they wish to tutor. In addition to the application and essay, applicants must provide a faculty recommendation for each subject.
Internship with the Jacksonville Armada Football Club
The Jacksonville Armada is looking for talent your professionals seeking experience in the sports industry. Internships are for college credit and are non-paid. All students must be currently enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program to be eligible.
Our highly competitive internship programs provide candidates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in areas ranging from marketing, public relations, sports management, events, sales, and database management. To apply please complete the form here: http://bit.ly/1gNkgux and denote within the cover letter what department you would like to intern within.
Harvard Business School's Summer Venture in Management Program
Harvard Business School's Summer Venture in Management Program
Application Deadline: May 12, 2014
The Harvard Business School (HBS) Summer Venture in Management Program (SVMP) is a one-week management training program for rising college seniors designed to increase diversity and opportunity in business education. This thirty-year HBS tradition demonstrates the many rewards of an MBA degree to students who may not otherwise have considered this path. Participants spend a week on campus living the MBA student experience – attending classes, analyzing case studies, and debating management issues with peers and faculty.
The SVMP Application will be available online in February 2014. The application deadline is Monday, May 12, 2014. To apply to and for more information about SVMP, please visit the program’s website: www.hbs.edu/svmp
Quality Assurance Specialist Position at Valuation Management Group
Valuation Management Group is a leading national appraisal management company headquartered in Atlanta (Galleria area), GA. As an industry leader, Valuation Management Group has been honored with numerous high profile awards, including:
- VMG is ranked 24th of Top 100 Real Estate Companies, #34 of Top 100 Georgia Companies and #33 in the Atlanta Metro Area
- VMG is currently ranked #850 on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies
- Cobb Works “Outstanding Business of the Year” for 2011
Applicants with either a Real Estate degree or Real Estate experience, including appraisers are encouraged to apply. Individuals must have:
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude
- The ability to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
Motivated professionals looking to move forward in their career should submit their resume to:
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
DC Internships are now accepting applications for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 Capital Semester in Washington, DC. The final deadline for the Fall 2014 program is Sunday, June 1.
As a reminder, students who attend Capital Semester:
- Intern for 25-30 hours a week in the fields of public policy, international affairs, journalism or the nonprofit sector
- Take a full course load of 12 credits at George Mason University
- Are matched with a professional mentor
- Attend professional development seminars
- Network with top DC insiders
We award close to one million dollars in scholarship funding annually and awards are based on need and merit.
More information on our program may be found at www.DCinternships.org/CS.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF CAREERCENTERUPDATE * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.