Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
September 13, 2013
We will be working very hard on finding the missing part. We will use a part part whole board to help us find the missing part to our problems. We will also be learning how to write a subtraction problem. This unit can be very challenging so please look over the math papers coming home to see if your child needs help. Our learning target is: I can represent and solve problems with subtraction.
Feel free to continue reading and writing numbers up to 120 and solving simple addition problems. My website has a lot to help! Go to math and then either numbers, addition, addition story problems, subtraction, or subtraction story problems.
Also, feel free to visit my website and go to the writing tab. There are some fun games in green.
Reading / Phonics
- The /er/ sisters live on the third floor. (er, ir, ur)
- /ar/ - Arty the apartment manager is a pirate and likes to say "Arrr".
- /or/ - He lives on the bottom floor by the door.
Your child is now learning to say Vowel Town in order, say the sounds as I point to random places on Vowel Town, and begin spelling the sounds. This is something you can practice at home when your child brings home their Goal Notebook.
- We have snack every day at 2:00.
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- The Walkathon is Friday, September 27. Please make sure your child has tennis shoes for that day.
Tuesday - Art
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - PE
Friday - Art