What is Aurasma?
Some terms to know
trigger image- the image that activates the aura (png or jpg)
overlay- digital content activate when Aurasma recognizes the trigger images (a video, photo, animation, etc.)
channel- group of aura that others may "follow"
private- can only be accessed by those who have been sent a link
public- anyone can search for your content
Using Aurasma in the classroom
What sort of things can I do with it for my classroom?
- Take a historical figure. Make them come alive
- Have images in your physical workbooks link to revision notes or more reading articles
- Create an immersive nature table – notes that bring objects alive
- Create simple language tags – major objects in your language lab can be titled so when the iPad is pointed at it, instant translation
- School tour – by pointing a device at your school, play a video walk through of the school
- Link to revision notes, articles, videos
- Create AR treasure hunts
- Point an iPad at equipment in your technology lab, show a virtual manual as a reminder of how to use
- Create immersive worksheets – images that play videos, talk and come alive