LEAVE YOUR MARK!
Write book reviews for DESTINY!
Writing a book review...
Steps for Writing a Book Review
Introduction – 1 or 2 sentences
- Share the book’s author, title, and genre
- Explain when and where the story takes place (setting).
Extension: Mention the book’s main idea. What do you think the author wanted you to ‘take away’ from reading this book?
Summary – 2 sentences maximum
Briefly share the basic story line – ‘Who is doing what and why?’
Reminder: Be careful not to give away anything that would ruin the book for another reader. This is a teaser! This should include the main problem (conflict) but not the solution (resolution).
Opinion Statement – 2 sentences maximum
- Give your honest reaction. What was the best or worst part of the book? Is it interesting, memorable, thought-provoking?
- Make connections. Relate your book to other books and movies, personal experiences, or life in general.
Conclusion – 1 sentence maximum
Offer advice for potential readers and/or recommend the book in a ‘if you liked X book, you might also like this one’ fashion.
- Close with a direct comment on the book, and tie together ideas you shared in the review.