Stop Pollution Now!
5 facts about pollution
- Pollution is one of the biggest global killers, affecting over 100 million people. That’s comparable to global diseases like malaria and HIV.
- Over 1 billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water. 5,000 people die each day due to dirty drinking water
- 14 billion pounds of garbage are dumped into the ocean every year. Most of it is plastic.
- Over 1 million seabirds and 100,000 sea mammals are killed by pollution every year.
- Americans make up an estimated 5% of the world’s population. However, the U.S. produces an estimated 30% of the world’s waste and uses 25% of the world’s resources
Even just throwing your gum out of the window of your car is polluting. Stop pollution today and we can prove these facts wrong.
Do you want to live in a world with unclean air? Take action to stop pollution now!
Pollution is a Global Killer