News for Mrs. Idehenre's Third Grade
This week in math, we are continuing with multiplying with multiples of 10. Students have learned to draw base-10 blocks in groups and how to draw arrays to help them. This week, we will also learn how to decompose a number to multiply it.
Multiplication Drills: We've also started multiplication drills. Students have 2 minutes to complete a strip of the multiple they are working on. We started with 10 last week. We will start with the easy facts first, before moving on to more difficult patterns. Each multiple represents a item for a multiplication sundae. We plan to have our multiplication celebration in February. Good Luck!
English Language Arts (ELA):
This week in grammar, we are learning about possessive nouns. We are also reviewing plural nouns in word study and focusing on changing -y to -ies.
In reading, we will continue to work characterization. Students are learning to write a judgement statement about a character using evidence from the text.
In social studies, we will are beginning to learn about explorers from Europe who came to the New World for different purposes.
This week in science, we will be wrapping up soil. Students will watch a review video about soil, use Kahoot to complete the soil study guide, and take a soil assessment on Thursday. A study will come home on Wednesday, but students may take home their notebook to help them.
- iPads Reminders - Please be sure that your child has earbuds. This was a part of their supplies for the year. I have a few headphones in cases of emergencies, but not enough for the class. The headphones are important so that instruction of small groups is not interrupted by other students on devices. Please let your child know to be responsible with the headphones and devices. Thank you.
Happy October Birthdays!
Happy birthday Isaiah, Nicholas, and Kaitlin.
We have a great time in math working with our teams.
Our jobs are up and running. Responsibility is important.
- Ice Cream - Monday & Thursday
- Oct. 19th - Oct. 30th - Cookie Dough Fundraiser
- Thurs., Oct. 22nd - Fall Pictures
- Sat., Oct. 24th - Fall Festival 11-2
- Oct. 30th - World Series Multiplication (Details coming soon)