Some tips for if you are neer an active volcano
If there are warning signs that a volcano could errupt soon then:
- keep goggles and a mask in an emergency kit, along with a flashlight and a working, battery-operated radio.
- Know your evacuation route. Keep gas in your car.
If a volcano errupts near you then :
- evacuate imediatly
- Avoid river areas and low-lying places.
- Before you leave the house, change into long-sleeved shirts and long pants so you won't get burt and use goggles . Wear an emergency mask or hold a damp cloth over your face.
- If you are not evacuating, close windows and doors and block chimneys and other vents, to stop ash from coming into the house.
- get medical help if you get an injury