Contamination Of Drinking Water
663 million people - 1 in 10 - lack access to safe water
What is contaminated water ?
Have you ever wondered what it's like to drink clean water mixed with dirt, toxins, and poisons ? Would you like to find out ?
•Water protection is important to maintain public health by keeping harmful pathogens out of drinking waters, which could be solved by requiring anyone in charge of that country or state clean all waters of any toxins.
Why is water contamination important ?
- Dirty water is the world's biggest health risk, and continues to threaten both quality of life and public health in the United States. When water from rain and melting snow runs off roofs and roads into our rivers, it picks up toxic chemicals, dirt, trash and disease-carrying organisms along the way. Many of our water resources also lack basic protections, making them vulnerable to pollution from factory farms, industrial plants, and activities like fracking. This can lead to drinking water contamination, habitat degradation and beach closures.
NRDC is working to protect our water from pollution by:
- Drawing on existing protections in the Clean Water Act, and working to ensure that the law's pollution control programs apply to all important waterways, including headwater streams and wetlands, which provide drinking water for 117 million Americans
- Improving protections to reduce pollutants like bacteria and viruses, which threaten Americans' health and well being; and
- Establishing new pollution limits for top problem areas, such as sources of runoff and sewage overflows.
My Proposal Of An Solution:
- Decrease impervious surfaces around your home
- Use native plants and natural fertilizers
- Don't over-water lawns and gardens
- Recycle and dispose of all trash properly.
- Correctly dispose of hazardous household products
- Use nontoxic household products whenever possible
- Recycle used motor oil
- Be "green" when washing your car
- Help identify, report and stop polluters
Is your water contaminated ?
Polluted Water On Fire
•Water contamination is a major problem that goes on in the world. However, it does not have to go on. This issue could be resolved by simply the governments of these countries and states sending people out to clean these contaminated water areas. Contact your lawmakers and ask them to make a change because you are tired of drinking and living in contaminated water.
World Health Organization and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP). (2015) Progress on Drinking Water and Sanitation, 2015 Update and MDG Assessment.
For Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words:
"Contaminated water." Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group. 2008. Diagram Visual Information Limited 2 Feb. 2016 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Contaminated+water