Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Friday, August 25, 2017
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We had tremendous participation at our annual Grade 1-5 Back to School Night - thank you for coming. Please reach out to your child's teacher with any questions about their presentation or the expectations for the year.
Fall picture day is on Thursday, 9/7. Please scroll down for more details about ordering prints.
After school pickup is a busy time no matter what, and we appreciate all the efforts of families who arrive on time, make an effort to be considerate of other drivers and who are thoughtful about student safety. As a reminder, the school provides supervision for students beginning at 7:55 am, and after school from 2:40-3 pm (1:40-2 pm on Mondays).
Please keep the following information in mind if you are driving to pick up your child(ren):
- children will be waiting for you behind the blue dots (where we can adequately supervise them)
- if you need to exit your vehicle, please park on the street or in a marked parking spot and walk to the front patio area
- if you are waiting for your child in a vehicle, please park along the sidewalk in the drive through loop in front of the administration building/flag pole; the second lane is for driving through only. Please do not wait for children in the parking lot drive through, as others are trying to get past you to exit the lot
- it is never acceptable to block or park in the bus zone - they are on a tight timeline!
Thank you for a wonderful first full week of school! Here's to 35 more!
The week of Mon., 10/30-Fri., 11/3, grade 1-5 students will attend school until 12:30 pm. Kinder students will attend from 8-11:20 am each day. We will conduct parent/teacher conferences during this week.
Sensory Sensitive Ballet Performance
Fall Picture Day!
Orders placed AFTER picture day will incur a $6.00 shipping charge.
Starting on Monday, visit http://campuscolorstudios.com/order-portraits-before-picture-day/
Click: Pre-Order Pictures
Click: Public Galleries
Click: Lincoln Crossing
Click: Lincoln Crossing Fall Ordering
Use code LCPRE to waive the shipping cost if you order before 9/7
Print an Order Form Today: http://campuscolorstudios.com/print-an-order-form
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 749-1026.
School Site Council (SSC) & English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC)
- Monday, 8/28: 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Group Interview, group 2
- Wednesday, 8/30, 4 pm: 2017-18 Leadership Ambassador list posted in Music Room
- Wednesday, 8/30, evening: PTC/Panda Express Colt Dine Out - click for flier
- Friday, 9/1, 2-2:40 pm: 2017-18 Leadership Ambassador Meeting
- Monday, 9/4: No School (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, 9/7: Fall Picture Day (see details above)
- Thursday, 9/7: PTC Meeting in Science Classroom
- Friday, 9/8, 6-8 pm: PTC Hosted Fall Playground Night
This 5 min. video from the CA Dept. of Education describes how to read and interpret your 4th or 5th grader's report. CAASPP testing is important, but it is only one measure of progress. Please speak to your child's teacher if you have any questions.
As you work to interpret your child's CAASPP test score report, the CA Test Score Guide will give you information about the overall score, what level that score falls into, and the student’s strengths and weaknesses.
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for student pick up until 2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.