CRHS Student & Family Update
August 2021 Update
Colonel Richardson High School
Jared Sherman, Assistant Principal
Thomas Jefferson, Dean of Students
Cia North, School Counselor (grades 10 and 12)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 301-327-0714 (can receive texts)
Jennifer Reed, School Counselor (grades 9 and 11)
Office Phone: 410-479-3678
Google Voice Phone: 302-272-5313 (can receive texts)
Dear CRHS Students and Families,
Welcome back to school! We are very excited to start the 2021-2022 school year!!! I hope you have all had a healthy, fun, and relaxing summer and are all feeling recharged and ready for the school year to begin in just a couple of weeks!
Here are a few helpful tips to make High School a great experience for you and yours!
- Email is your friend! Please check your email regularly, parents and students! Students- download the Gmail app on your phone if you can! Teachers, school counselors, coaches, and administrators communicate a lot of information via email. I will also send a weekly update every week to students and parents, this is the first of many! Mrs. Morris our secretary will email daily updates to students through the lunchtime show, which also plays in the cafeteria daily! Students, make it a daily habit to check your email either on your phone or on your laptop! CCPS laptops will be distributed to students on the first day of school. You will bring your laptop back and forth to school every day!
- PowerSchool is also your friend! Parents and students, please download the PowerSchool app on your devices/phones! Students- this is the best way to see your schedule and to keep up to date with your grades! Follow the directions below in the PowerSchool link if you are not sure how to set up your PowerSchool accounts. There is even a video to help you if needed. Student schedules will be live on PowerSchool on August 23rd.
- Contact us if you need assistance! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year please email or call the school. Teachers can respond during their planning times and counselors can also help with questions and concerns! You can always reach an administrator too! All of our contact information is at the top of this newsletter weekly. Teachers will share email addresses with you or you can find email addresses on our school website.
See you at Back to School Night on August 26th. Come anytime between 5-7 pm to meet the teachers and find your classrooms.
Students' first day of school is September 1st. Doors open daily at 7:30 am and 1st period begins at 7:43. School is dismissed at 2:38 pm daily.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! See you soon!
Back to School Open House
Students' schedules will be live online on PowerSchool accounts on August 23rd.
Each individual teacher will let students know what supplies they may need. For the first day, students should be prepared with a notebook or folder, something to write with, and paper. Students will receive their laptops on the first day of school.
Back to School Mask Update
August 5, 2021 - At this time, wearing a mask on school property will remain the personal choice of students and staff. However, staff and families should note the follow:
CCPS is strongly recommending that unvaccinated students and adults wear a mask when on school property. Should it become necessary, based on state and county COVID-19 metrics, to require masks in a specific school or in the district as a whole, families will be informed in a timely and transparent manner.
In accordance with Federal mandate, all students and staff are required to wear masks while riding a school bus.
CCPS will continue to share vaccine clinic information through news releases, school newsletters, and social media.
CCPS will continue to work closely with the Caroline County Health Department, as well as monitor CDC and Maryland State Department of Education guidance as it relates to COVID-19 and school systems.
“The health and safety of our students and staff remains our highest priority,” Interim Superintendent Derek Simmons stated. “While we are planning for a normal school reopening, we continue to monitor Caroline COVID-19 metrics on a daily basis, consult with our healthcare partners, and prepare to make adjustments as necessary.”
Class of 2022 Senior portrait appointments will be offered on August 16-18, 2021. If you haven't already done so, sign up online at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050C4BAEAE2FA3FE3-federalsburg. If neither of those dates work for you to be photographed, there will be a make-up day in the fall.
All CDC and CCPS precautions will be followed. If you have any questions about Senior pictures, contact the Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 624-6229.
Yearly Student Emergency Forms- Now all online
CCPS uses an online form (no paper!) to verify or update student information through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The process typically takes less than five minutes per student, and allows families to verify that all of the student's data is correct and provide updates for any important data that has changed. This process replaces the old paper form sent home in previous years. Parents, please check your email for this information from:
Please note: If the student’s address has changed, proof of residence will be required. This may be uploaded through PowerSchool or provided directly to the school.
For more information, please see the CCPS news post on this topic.
Parking Pass Information for Student Drivers
Mr. Jefferson, our Dean of Students will be emailing parking pass information and applications to students' CCPS email accounts soon. The CRHS administration will also hold a meeting with students during the first week of school to review the parking lot rules. These are the items needed for permission to park in the CRHS lot.
- Completed driver application (emailed to students)
- $30 fee for the year
- Provide a copy of the students' drivers license
- Provide proof of insurance
- Provide a copy of the vehicle registration