From Our Home to Your Home....
A note from your teachers....
Pre-K Paramedics prepare for the WR Health and Wellness Clinic
Dear Pre-K Viking Family,
First and foremost, on behalf of the Walnut Ridge faculty, staff, and administration, we hope this letter finds you and your family feeling well and safe at home. These are certainly unprecedented times for all of us and although we miss seeing everyone on a daily basis we hope you are able to immerse yourself in some of the many wonderful calendar activities sent home late last week. Additionally, you may want to follow a "PRR" schedule ("Play, Read, Repeat"). Quite simply, reading and playing are the most academically, socially, and emotionally empowering activities we can facilitate for our children/students.
Please continue to check the VTSD homepage for ongoing important information from Ms. D'Avino regarding school closures and Board of Education meetings. In addition, here are a few helpful reminders:
- "Grab-n-go" meals for families that qualify for free/reduced breakfast and lunch are available for pick-up daily at Vernon Township High School from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Be sure to check out the calendar of activities that were sent home and pick/choose a few activities of interest each day (Yes, you can repeat if you find a favorite)!
- Feel free to send pictures of your child engaged in any of the home activities (and/or reading) to your child's teacher via email in order that we can celebrate their hard work upon return to school.
- Your teachers and case managers are available via email-be sure to reach out directly with any concerns or questions.
A note on conferences-
- In-person parent conferences are canceled for next week. If you scheduled a conference, then your child's teacher will be reaching out to you directly for a telephone conference.
Thanks so much, and stay healthy!
The Walnut Ridge Health and Wellness Clinic ~ 2020
Pre-K ophthalmologists provide vision screening and prescribe glasses.
Pre-K doctors check a patient's blood pressure.
Pre-K pharmacists make sure the pharmacy is in order and ready for customers.
Patients wait to check in with the receptionists!
Blood pressure screens
Mr. Shea eagerly waits for the results of his blood pressure screening.
A Pre-K dentist gets his tools ready for an exam.
Pre-K doctors examine Ms. D'Avino's hand x-ray. Looks like a possible fracture.
It appears some splinting is in order.
Pre-K pharmacists are prepared with sensory puffs and band-aids.
Talking with your child about Coronavirus
Click here for an informational article for suggestions on how to speak with your child about the Coronavirus.
READING ALOUD IS FOR EVERYONE
Click here for important information about the impact of reading aloud to your child every day!