Social Media Sites
Twitter and Instagram
What is Social Media?
This is the definition of Social Media as defined by Merriam-Webster.
Definition of SOCIAL MEDIA
: forms of electronic communication (as Web sites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (as videos)
Community Bonds through Social Media - Twitter
Using Twitter in the Classroom
- Connect with the community about upcoming events at your school
- Tweet out homework assignments and classroom reminders
- Live tweet while on field trips so that parents feel connected
- Can be used as a way to connect with other classrooms around the world
- Can be used as a way to engage parents with data collection for math activities
- Can be used as a type of reader response to books read in the classroom
A tweet I shared this week!
Using Instagram in the Classroom
- Share field trip moments
- Elementary classroom can use it to showcase a student of the week or month
- Can be used to show videos clips of learning happening in the classroom
- Students can use it to share books in an ELA class - reader response
- Post pictures of exemplary work
- Can be used as teacher artifact for evaluations with administrators
An Instagram photo from my daughter's field trip to Atlanta in April