Week of 12/2/19
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, spending time with family and friends. We have three busy weeks of school and then we'll be off for our winter break.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of the students tomorrow!
Lions Club Christmas Basket Program
If you are interested in receiving a basket please come to the office for an application.
Week At A Glance
- Choir Practice 1:45
- K-Kids 1:45
- PTC Meeting 3:00
- Tiger Crew 2:45
- Early Engineers 2:50
- Spirit Day wear yellow or green
Six Flags Read to Succeed
SIX FLAGS READ TO SUCCEED
The Six Flags Read to Succeed program begins this week! This program, sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks, encourages students to read for fun. Students must complete 6 hours (360 minutes) of recreational reading to earn one FREE Six Flags ticket. Students can read ANYTHING! (Books, eBooks, magazines, newspapers, comic books, etc.) Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
New this year.....
Introducing.... eReading logs! The Six Flags Program has been upgraded so parents can log their children’s reading time directly onto the Six Flags website! You will use a personalized individual teacher code to register your own children's hours under their individual teacher. (Students will bring home a reading log with instructions). Please note: Reading logs must total at least 6 hours of reading in order to earn a free ticket. If it does not add up to 6 hours or more, a ticket WILL NOT be generated. If you do not have access to a computer at home, students can submit their reading log to Ms. Bremner as they did in the past. Reading hours must be logged onto the website by April 1, 2020.
If you have any questions, please email Ms. Bremner at email@example.com
Book Fair December 9th-13th
The Winter Book Fair is right around the corner! (December 9th - December 13th) Parents/Guardians, we need volunteers! Shifts are available throughout the day. Click on the link below to secure your spot!
There’s more exciting Book Fair News! eWallet is available again this year! - A New Digital Payment Option!
No cash on hand for the book fair? No worries! Scholastic Book Fairs offers eWallet as a secure, cash-free way for your child to shop the Book Fair. There is no charge to set up an eWallet. Simply create an account and authorize a spending limit to have funds available for your child use. Unlike lunch accounts, you are not charged until a purchase is made and any unused money goes back to your credit card at the end of the book fair. You must create a separate account for EACH child – Accounts cannot be shared. Please visit our book fair homepage to create your eWallet accounts today! https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bf/12bes
TOP FUN RUN EARNERS ARE EXCITED FOR THEIR LIMOUSINE RIDE TO IN-N-OUT BURGER!!
Teachers have contacted the winners about their Tuesday, December 17th fun and delicious limousine lunch outing! HUGE thanks to this special group, and to everyone for helping us surpass our goal!!
DECEMBER FAMILY PAINT NIGHT
Family Paint Night is Tuesday, December 17th!!
Enjoy a FUN night painting on canvas just in time for Christmas! Keep as a special keepsake or give a homemade treasured gift!
When? 4:00pm & 6:00pm
Cost? $15 per person
Maximum of 175 people per session!! Don't hesitate!! Buy your tickets NOW!!! https://squareup.com/store/twelve-bridges-elementary-ptc/
Support our Art Program while creating cherished memories!!
PLEASE NOTE: These sessions will be different than those at our Mother/Daughter paint night that will once again be paintings that go together!
Questions? Please contact Leah Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Down The Road
- 12/9 Winter Musical
- 12/9 1st Grade Performance 5:30 (arrive 5:15)
- 12/9 2nd Grade Performance 6:15 (arrive 6:00)
- 12/9 Choir Performance 3rd-5th 7:00 (arrive 6:45)
- 12/9-13 Book Fair
- 12/16-20 Early Release Days 1:40
- 12/17 Family Paint Night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 12/23-1/5 Winter Break
- 1/20 Martin Luther King Day No School
- 1/24 BINGO & Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
- 2/11 Mother/Daughter Paint night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 2/13,14,17 School not in session
- 2/24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
- 3/7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/30-4/3 Book Fair
- 4/2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
- 4/6-13 Spring Break
- 4/22/23 Starstruck, two performances 6:00pm & 7:00pm
- 5/4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/18-5/22 5th Grade Trip
- 5/25 Memorial Day No School
- 6/1-5 Early Release Days 1:40
Field Trips 2019-2020
- 12/13 2nd Grade to Roseville Theater 8:20-10:20
- 1/21 4th Grade Walk Through American Revolution 8:00-2:30
- 1/21 Kindergarten to Roseville Theater Arts Academy 9:15-11:40
- 1/28 1st Grade to Roseville Theater 9:15-11:30
- 2/27 Choir to Three Stages Theater to see Matilda 8:15-2:00
- 3/10 2nd Grade to Barnes & Noble 8:30-11:30
- 3/11 2nd Grade to Barnes & Noble 8:30-11:30
- 3/19 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center Gutierrez/Munno 8:30-11
- 3/25 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 3/25 AM Kindergarten to LHS Farm 8:30-11:00
- 3/25 PM Kindergarten to LHS Farm 11:45-2:15
- 3/26 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center 8:30-11 Snodgrass/Williamson
- 3/27 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 5/1 1st Grade to Roller King 9:15-1:30
- 5/5 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Andrews & Sanchez/Snook)
- 5/6 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Evangelisti & Villa)
Event Calendar 2019-2020
Dec 9 – 13 Book Fair
Dec 17 Family Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Jan 24 BINGO and Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
Feb 11 Mother/Daughter Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Feb 24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
Mar 7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Mar 28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Apr 2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
Mar 30 - Apr 3 Book Fair
Apr 22-23 Starstruck, two Performances: 6:00pm and 7:00pm
May 4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
PTC Meetings will be held monthly on Mondays. See dates listed below:
3:00-3:30 General Meeting w/parents
3:30-4:00 Board Meeting
Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, Mar 30-Board Elections, May 4-Calendar Meeting 2020-2021 school year, June TBD-Budget Meeting 2020-2021 school year
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Leah Bassett, PTC President at email@example.com.
Volunteers for ROAR Store
Dear TBE Families,
We would love to have our ROAR store open every Friday. Our ROAR store is open on Fridays during 1st through 5th grade lunch recess. Please consider signing up for one of our open slots. The ROAR store only happens once a week on Fridays and if we do not have volunteers the store has to be closed.
If you are interested but have questions, please email Kathleen Cummings at Kcummings@wpusd.org.
The link is:https://signup.com/go/toesOCq
Reporting an Absence
How to Report Absences:
We have 3 ways you can report absences:
1. Absence voice mail: (916)434-5210
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Download the TBE App –
Click on Absences icon on bottom of screen
Complete and Submit
Please try to contact school before 9:00am on day of absence when possible
A doctor’s note is asked for all medical appointments where the student misses school time or 3 or more consecutive illness days.