May 3, 2021
Letter From the Principal
Can you believe it is May?! We wouldn’t know it by this weather though! This week also marks Teacher Appreciation Week. We have some of the most dedicated staff that go above and beyond for students and families daily! They have worked tirelessly this year to provide your children with love and as much consistency as possible. This has definitely been a year like no other and our teachers deserve a bit of pampering this week!
We also have some fun end-of-year activities planned for our students. We are looking forward to ending the year strong and on a positive note. We have quite a few things going on in the next few weeks. Please let us know if you need any support or have any questions. Here we go!
Academic Master Planning (AMP): Postponed
- They have heard parent concerns and are slowing down the process of the AMP.
o We will be going through a more thorough process to collect feedback.
o As soon as we have a new date secured, we will communicate that to you.
- You can visit the D11 website any time to check for updates.
o A link to both the English and Spanish translated meetings can be found here:
- Deputy Superintendent David Engstrom will be presenting to our community
o He will provide an overview of our role in the AMP
o This is our time to ask direct questions and provide feedback
Facilities Master Planning (FMP):
- We will have a community event for our Martinez community via WebEx on May 11th from 5:00-6:00pm
o This presentation will have pertinent information about the Bond Issue that District 11 will be pursuing in our next election.
o There will be plenty of time for questions and answers during this session.
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:00 pm | 1 hour | (UTC-06:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
- Meeting number: 120 026 3972
- Password: JnBb5w2XPw3
- Join by video system
- Dial email@example.com
- You can also dial 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
- Join by phone
- +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
- Access code: 120 026 3972
- We meet the first Tuesday of every month
- Since the AMP meeting is being postponed, we will start SAC at our regularly scheduled time of 5:15pm on May 4th.
- PTA will follow after; starting at 6:00pm
- This will be the last SAC/PTA Meeting of the year
o Tuesday, May 4, 2021 5:15 pm | 1 hour | (UTC-06:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
o Meeting number: 120 445 7984
o Password: trPMYXGP528
o Join by video system
o Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
o You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
o Join by phone
o +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
o Access code: 120 445 7984
- Due to limited space, we are starting with invite only, but we are able to add students to a waiting list based on need or parent recommendation.
- This Summer Bridge is a remediation program to help with unfinished learning due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- We will be focusing on ELA and Math growth.
- We will also have STEM and Music for specials.
- If you received an email or letter inviting your student, please reply to the front office as soon as possible to secure your student’s spot.
End of Year Events:
5th Grade Virtual Jenkins Orientation:
- May 4th, 8:45am- 9:45am
- Students will participate via WebEx from class
PBIS Dunk Tank and Pies in the Face:
- May 17th and 18th during the school day
- PBIS is providing incentive for classes that demonstrate our 4 B’s (Be Respectful, Be
Responsible, Be Safe, and Be Fun to Be Around).
- Classes earn a sticker on Fridays if they uphold the 4B’s all week.
- Classes are working to earn an opportunity to either dunk Mr. Liles in the dunk tank OR throw a pie in the face of a staff member.
- Pictures to come!
- May 19th
- 10:00am – 10:15am
- 2021 Seniors that attended Martinez will get the opportunity to come back and walk down memory lane
- We will cheer and celebrate the accomplishment of our Mustang family!
- This event will occur outside and at least 6 feet will be between seniors and Martinez students
- There will be no high fives or physical contact.
Art Show – COVID Style:
- May 20th during the school day
- This year’s theme of Ohana has allowed our students to learn so much about Polynesian art!
- Unfortunately, we are still not able to have parents on campus at this time to celebrate with us.
- We have Poi Dancers coming to perform outdoors for our students.
o We will live streaming these performances as well for families to watch!
o 12:45 – 1:15pm for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade outside
o 1:30 – 2:00pm for Kinder, 4th, 5th, and PreK pm outside
- It may not look or feel the same, but it will still be an event to remember for our kiddos!
5th Grade Recognition:
- May 21st, 9:10am
- We are still finalizing details for this event.
- We will most likely be holding a live-stream event via WebEx.
o Parents will have the opportunity to sign out their student early this day if you choose to continue your celebration with your family.
o More details to come!
Rita’s Italian Ice Fundraiser/Farewell:
- May 21st, 2:30 – 7:00pm
- Treat your kiddos to some Italian Ice while support our Martinez PTA
- It is almost time to collect devices from students
o This includes any iPads, Chromebooks, Hot Spots, and any corresponding charge cords
- May 10th and 11th:
o Kindergarten – 2nd grade
o During the school day
o Please ensure your child’s device is sent to school with them this day
- May 17th and 18th:
o Prek, 3-5th grade, and Inspire Online students
o Inspire families, please be on the lookout for a Sign-up genius to sign up for a time to drop off your device
o Inspire students will complete work asynchronously for the last few days of school
- Please make sure your child’s devices are charged when they are scheduled to be checked in
- Some of you may have noticed our new lending library.
- This was donated to us by….
- Please feel free to use this lending library.
- Anyone from the community can have access to this library.
- Feel free to fill the library with books to pass on.
- You can also take a book and encourage your child to continue to read!
May 3-7: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 4: 5th Grade Virtual Open House at Jenkins (8:45-9:45am)
May 4: SAC/PTA via WebEx 5:15pm/6:00pm
May 11: Facilities Master Plan Bond Community Meeting via WebEx 5:00-6:00pm
May 17&18: PBIS Dunk Tank and Pies in the Face
May 19: 2021 Senior Walk 10:00am
May 20: Ohana Hulu (Polynesian Song & Dance Presentation for Students)
May 21: 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony 9:10am
May 21: Last day of school for Students
May 21: Rita’s Italian Ice Fundraiser
May 24: Teacher Work Day
May 31: Memorial Day – School is closed
June 7: First day of Summer Bridge
July 2: Last day of Summer Bridge
August 4: Kindergarten Kickoff for new Kinder families
August 10: Teachers report for 21-22SY