LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
New STUDENTS to LCMS Breakfast!
The administration staff at LCMS would like to welcome all “New to Lubbock-Cooper” students to a breakfast on Wednesday, October 16 from 7:45-8:20am in the library. This is a come and go event where you can meet fellow students, greet administration staff and eat a donut (or two)!
New CLUB! Join the LCMS Spanish Club
Room (Portable) 226
Friday completes the first nine-week grading period. Grades will be final in the gradebook by midnight on Monday, October 14. We will be sending home student report cards toward the end of the next week. We will also upload report cards in the parent portal in Skyward. Please check your child's grades. With two grading periods this semester, it is important that students stay on top of nine-week grades as the two grading periods will be averaged together to determine the semester grade.
***Please encourage your child to attend morning tutorials at 7:55am each morning if they are currently failing a class. Check those grades online so you are aware of their current grade. Last week in the S'More, there was a video to watch to show you how to check these grades. I have also told each student they are to check grades daily. Please HELP!
SEPTEMBER STAFF MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Thanks to Grimes Insurance for sponsoring our September Staff Member of the Month.
September Perfect Attendance Winners
Pink Out Pep Rally Tuesday
WE ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE TO WEAR PINK AS WE WANT TO SEE PINK IN THE HALLWAYS, CAFETERIA, AND AT THE PEP RALLY. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
***Check in at LCMS and get a visitor pass before going to the PAC!
Pep Rally time: 11:25AM-12PM
5th Annual LCMS Haunted House
We're really excited about this year's theme: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
This Mexican Celebration is rich with legend and folk tales that inspire the macabre and the haunting of the afterworld... we can make it fun, frightening, and cultural!
We need your help making this a success!
Needs: candy treats, candles and artificial candles, skeletons, paper flowers, 8-10 square bales of hay
Dinner and Movie Night with Friends
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2019
6:30-9:30 PM / LCMS Cafeteria
Dinner @ 6:30pm / Movie @ 7pm
$6 FEE INCLUDES: TWO SLICES OF PIZZA, DRINK
SNACK BAR: ADDITIONAL SNACKS TO PURCHASE
BRING YOUR BLANKET AND ENJOY THE MOVIE
** Movie is free if you do not want the pizza meal **
* Order form to come soon!
Sponsored by our Spanish Club
LCP Portable Battery Pack for Purchase
$15.00 - available in the Main Office
* Still in the process of ordering, need an idea of how many to order. Please fill out form in interested and will get to your students as soon as they come in.
TIK TOK SAFETY TIPS - Please READ!
Next 2 Week Calendar Events
Tuesday, October 8 - Pep Rally
Tuesday, October 8 - 7th/8th A Team Football vs LBMS @ Pirate Stadium (5:00m/6:15pm)
Tuesday, October 8 - 7th/8th B Team Football vs LBMS @ HS Practice Field (5:30pm/6:15pm)
Wednesday, October 9 - Pirate Prep
Thursday, October 10 - Girls VB vs. Hutch @ Hutch MS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
Friday, October 11 - END OF THE 1ST NINE WEEKS
Friday, October 11 - UIL Grade Check 2
Saturday, October 12 - Saturday School for Attendance (8am-12pm)
Monday, October 14 - Student Holiday/Staff Professional Development
Tuesday, October 15 - 8th grade Football vs OL Slaton
- 7th B @ North Practice Field (5:00pm)
- 7th A @ Pirate Stadium (5:30pm)
- 8th A @ Pirate Stadium (6:45pm)
Wednesday, October 16 - New Students to LCMS campus Breakfast in Library @ 7:45am
Wednesday, October 16 - Pirate Prep
Thursday, October 17 - School Board Meeting @ Central Office (7pm)
Thursday, October 17 - Girls VB vs Hertiage @ Hertiage (5:30pm/6:30pm)
Thursday, October 17 - Teacher Appreciation Day
How to Contact US!
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:20 AM.
- First bell rings at 8:15 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:20 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:45 AM are counted as an absence for 1st period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 9:30 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Melissa Atencio) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.
| || |
LCMS PTO Facebook
LCMS PTO Facebook
The District provides space on its newsletter for organizations to post their events. Such posting does not indicate any endorsement by the District.