PS 88Q Weekly Update
August 26, 2020
Ready , Set, Almost Ready to Go!
You received an email at your @nycstudent email on Monday, August 24th indicating which Cohort your child will be in. To receive the email, you must activate your student account. This email and this account is what you child will be using for their Google Classroom. This email will continue with your child for the duration of their time in the NYC school system. If you have not done so, please follow the steps below. Once you activate it, you can see all things related to your child. Also, you can join my Google Classroom. Your child will be attached in the coming days to their new Google Classroom as well with the nycstudent email. We will no longer be using the ps88q domain, as the DOE is supporting the nycstudent accounts.
Your Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
You can also watch a quick video on how to access your student account information:
Once You Have Activated Your DOE Account
Once activated, your child has access to MANY, MANY RESOURCES as well as our classrooms and virtual offices. To join my virtual office, enter the classroom code 2wzhvwh.
Here are the directions for any DOE student to sign into their DOE central Gmail account:
- Activate DOE student account using instructions above
- Sign in to TeachHub (for more information see the TeachHub page)
- In TeachHub, go to K-12 tab -> Productivity and Collaboration section
- Click on Gmail icon (bright green "G")
- That is it, you have access to Gmail!
How to Access Google Classroom
Please follow the instructions below to access Google Classroom using your nycstudents.net login.
Where to start
- Go to TeachHub(Open external link)
- Enter your DOE student account email (it ends in @nycstudents.net)
- If you don't know your DOE student account email, visit DOE Student Accounts
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In.
- If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed into the remote learning portal successfully.
- Click on the Google Classroom icon.
- Now you are in Google Classroom!
Here is guidance for using Google Classroom:
- G Suite Learning Center(Open external link)
- Use the search bar or explore by product
- Classroom Help(Open external link)
- Get a summary of your student’s activity in Google Classroom(Open external link)
This guidance is provided by Google. More information will be added as it becomes available. Let us know if there is something you would like to see here.
- Watch the Google Classroom Student video tutorials
Get More Help
- Get translated step by step instructions on Translated Support for Remote Learning
- If you are using a school based G Suite, please reach out to your schools G Suite super administrator if you have issues with access.
- If you need technical support for Google Classroom, call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100.