How is a hurricane formed?
The process of a hurricane being born ?
Step:1 various come together forming a tropical storms.
Step:2 disturbance grows into a tropical disturbance.
Step:3 then the depression then becomes a tropical storm.
Step:4 storm becomes a tropical cyclone or hurricanes.
In each step the wind speed increases when the storm sucks in air and moisture.
Does the name depend on where it is ?
No, they just use the letters in the alphabet list of male and female names.
Tracking and preparing for a hurricane.
How do meteorologists track a storm?
Meteorologists track the storms by using a satellite image and data from the flight crews to decide when the storm will become a hurricane.
How do they know the strength ?
Remember storms need warm ocean water to keep them going once they hit land or cool water they die down. So if you live where there's a lot of warm ocean water your domed. But if you don't than your pretty safe.
What are steps to prepare for a hurricane?
- Be ready to put your plan and preparation into action.
- Pay attention to local weather reports on radio, television, or the internet.
- Have house boarded up, or have storm shutters in place.
- Have plenty of food and water.
- Make sure all your tools, supplies, and first aid kit available for use.
- Have a secure room available.
What happened during hurricane Sandy ?
Damages of hurricane Sandy?
- About $75 billion of damages ( second - costliest hurricane in US history ).
- It flooded streets, houses, schools, Stores, Subway and also Church.
- Its storm surge hit New York City on October 22 flooding streets tunnels and cutting off power lines .
When and Where was hurricane Sandy ?
- October 22-November 1,2012.
- In the United States it effected Great Antilles, Easter United States , Bermuda, Bahamas,Eastern Canada.
How to better prepare for a hurricane ?
- get a sleeping bag, clean clothes , food , water.
- dry wood , matches, flashlights, battery , walky talky .
- soap, medical thing , shelter.