The Career Insider
Volume IV, Issue 16
Capital Factory 2016 Summer Job Fair - June 29th
Join us for a 2-hour evening startup mixer focused on connecting Capital Factory companies to individuals seeking employment within the Austin tech and startup community. Come meet their budding startups, learn about what opportunities are available, drop off a resume, and grab yourself some food.
Need a ride? No worries! We got you covered. We'll be hosting a shuttle leaving from St. Edward's University at 6:30 p.m. and returning at 9 p.m.
Seating is limited so register today
H-E-B Summer Community Internship Program
Premieres Monday, May 16, 2016
Premieres Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Americorps: ACE - A Community for Education seeks Recent Graduates
Looking for a meaningful full-time position after graduation?
Apply to become an AmeriCorps tutor with ACE: A Community for Education and teach young children to read in Austin, TX.
When you join ACE you:
· Live in Austin and earn a living allowance while helping your community
· Earn an education award up to $5,775 to pay off federal student loans or further your education
· Option to pursue alternative teaching certification through our Region 13 partnership
· Gain leadership skills and valuable professional experience
· Join the national service community and become part of a national movement for social justice
What does it mean to be an ACE tutor?
- Commit to 10 months of service (September 1st - June 30th)
- Provide daily one-on-one tutoring to 10-12 K- 2ndgrade students
- Teach literacy using a research-based curriculum
- Receive ongoing training and professional development
- Choose an after-school partnership from among Austin’s top non-profits
- Participate in community service projects with Austin’s non-profits partners
We are accepting applications through August 2016 or until all positions are filled.
To register for any of these courses:
1. Go to MyHilltop
2. Select Academic Information
3. In Registration tools, select Add/Drop Class
4. Once in the Add/Drop Class page, select Search Class
5. In Look Up Classes, scroll for Career Planning
6. Once in Career Planning, select 1110 - Topics -Career Planning MGMT and click on View Sections
7. Select one of the courses above
Please contact Career and Professional Development should you have any questions regarding these courses at email@example.com.
CPAM 1110: Part-Time Jobs to Internships (Fall/Spring)
how to market skills gained through part-time employment through a resume, LinkedIn profile and social media.
CPAM 1110: Career Management Strategies (Fall/Spring)
identification of individual goals, assessment of talents, exploration of career options, analysis of the job market, effective use of employment search tools (e.g., resumes, cover letters, interviewing, networking), and management of career pathways. Students are not required to have a part time job or internship during this course.