A guide to all things Bennington Elementary
Friday, September 10, 2021
Important Upcoming Dates
- September 14th PTO Food Night - Don & Millies 5:00-9:00 pm
- September 15th Early Dismissal; 11:40 am
- September 17th Spirit Day...GO Badgers!! (was scheduled for the 24th)
- September 20th PTO Meeting; 7:00 pm (outdoor classroom)
- September 29th Fun Run
- October 6th Picture Retake Day
- October 12th/13th Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-8:00 pm
- October 14th No School; Teacher Inservice
- October 15th No School
- October 29th Fall Parties
FUN RUN 2021
Bennington Elementary parents and families, Our Fun Run kicks off on Monday, September 20th. This program will teach students valuable character traits and help our school raise funds for our students and staff.Leading up to the Celebration Event Day on Wednesday, September 29th, students will be able get donations from anywhere in the world for the number of laps completed on the day of the Bennington Elementary Fun Run. You can get a head start TODAY by registering your student on mybooster.com. Click HERE to learn more!
Key Dates to Remember:
• Register on MYBOOSTER.COM!
• Program Launch on Monday, September 20th
• Celebration Event Date on Wednesday, September 29th
Thanks in advance for your continued support of Bennington Elementary students and staff!
FUN RUN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
For possible positive cases within our Elementary Buildings, there are steps that differ between Vaccinated and UnVaccinated. At this time, we understand that Elementary Students do not have the option to receive a vaccination, but if that should change this explains how it would affect the close contact experience:
- First case in a classroom: All self-monitor unvaccinated wear a mask until 14 days have passed from the last exposure to the positive case.
- Second case in the same classroom: Within 14 days of the first case, all self-monitor and unvaccinated wear a mask (i.e. vaccinated do not have to wear a mask at that step. Unvaccinated choosing to NOT mask at this step will not be allowed to attend school) This occurs until 14 days have passed from the last exposure to the positive second case.
- Third case in the same classroom: Within 14 days of the first case, the school district will consult with DCHD to determine further mitigation measures; may include quarantine.
- The health department recommends if a household member tests positive for COVID-19, that the unvaccinated other household members quarantine. Your child’s school’s front office staff will be able to assist you in determining a safe return to school date for your child should this event occur within your household.
We will once again send staff and students home who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
COVID-19 Symptom Lists:
Students and staff with any one (1) of the following symptoms will be sent home:
New Cough, New Onset of Shortness of Breath, New Loss of Taste or Smell
Students and staff with any two (2) of the following symptoms will be sent home:
Fever 100.4 F. or Above, Chills, Muscle Aches, Headache, Sore Throat, Nausea or Vomiting, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Please continue to communicate with us if a household member of your student has tested positive for COVID-19. If the student is Unvaccinated, the student must quarantine at home away from the positive individual. They may return to school with a negative COVID-19 test on Day 5 or later from the last time they were in close contact with the household member and may return to school after Day 7. The student should wear a mask and continue to self-monitor through Day 14.
THESE KIDS HAVE CHARACTER!!
If you're just running late or your student is coming in after an appointment, we would like to know. We just want to make sure all of our BE students are accounted for.
PETS - PLEASE LEAVE AT HOME
Bus Passes - New bus passes where given to all of our students on Thursday, September 2nd. Please look for them in your child's backpack. If you lose a bus pass, replacement passes cost $20. Please contact the office to order a new one.
Ride360 App - Parents can download this wonderful tool. It will let you know bus stop location/times. It gives you the exact time your child gets on/off the bus.
Badger Blue Spirit Days
Mark your calendars! On these days, we are looking for the class that has the highest percentage of participation. We encourage you to send your child in all the spirit wear they own...or even a blue shirt! Add those bows, socks, hair paint etc. The winning class from each grade gets to keep "Tuffy", the badger in their rooms for a month.
*** DATE CHANGED; September 17th, instead of the 24th
BE PTO Happenings
Upcoming PTO Food Nights
- Tuesday, September 14th - Don & Millie's 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 12th - Runza (Bennington) 5:00 - 8:00 pm
- Thursday, November 4th - Godfather's (Bennington) All Day
Mrs. Bendell's 5th grade class has taken the lead for the Pizza Party
All Bennington Elementary Families - We are compiling the Online Directory NOW
Spirit Wear Order
Be sure to put child's name and teacher in Shipping info section
BENNINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
Bennington Public Schools Mission
The Mission of Bennington Public Schools is to provide opportunities in a safe, caring environment that will prepare all students to meet the challenges of the future.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: Bennington Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, or other protected status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.