The Colt Classified
April 8, 2019
Testing will begin at 8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your student has a good night's sleep, has a healthy breakfast and arrives on time each day.
Thank you for encouraging and supporting your child during testing!
Congratulations to our March Saints of the Month!
CCCS Scholars Attend Safe Sitter Class
Middle school scholars, Amy Burdzinski, Anastasia Burdzinski, Izabelle Cantu, Jaroiya Dathorne, and Joseph Kochuponganal attended a one day session, which prepared them to be safe when home alone watching their younger siblings. The students said they enjoyed the experience as it was a day filled with fun games and role-playing exercises.
Crime Stoppers of Houston Presents, "A Parent's Guide to Cyber Safety"
- There are apps that allow kids to create a fake profile and talk to people?
- There is evidence that kids as young as 4th grade are viewing pornography?
- There are sites where kids can video chat with numerous people at once?
- There are apps with secret folders where kids can hide pictures, videos, etc.?
- There are online challenges in which kids are injuring themselves?
Join us this Thursday, April 11th at 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall to learn about these and much more.
This presentation is open to parents of kids of all ages. Join us, so that we can work together to keep our children safe.
Congratulations to our Awesome Teachers!
Ms. Karen Arceo (MS Science) and Mrs. Carla Kennedy (MS Math) completed a year of professional development to enhance their STEM practices with the Applied Mathematics Program (AMP!) at the Rice University Office of STEM Engagement.
We are proud of each of them!
Join us at El Pollo Loco this Wednesday!
Come join us on Wednesday, April 10th between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. for fire grilled chicken, freshly made salsa, and making 50% back to our school! It's super easy; Simply, present the flyer, which was sent home in last Tuesday's folder and can be found on Parents Web.
We look forward to seeing you on April 10th!
El Pollo Loco Houston
5321 S. Rice Avenue
Students may wear their favorite CCCS t-shirt with blue jeans to school.
Monday, April 15th is a Regular Dismissal Day
Please note that students will dismiss at 2:00 p.m. on Holy Thursday, April 18th. Afternoon Colt Camp services will not be provided. Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 23rd.
CCCS Hoodies in the Classrooms and Other Uniform Reminders
- Hoodies may no longer be worn in the classrooms beginning Monday, April 8th.
- Girls shorts and skirts must be no shorter than 3" above the knee.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Belts must be worn with pants and shorts.
- Socks must be visible above the ankles.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter, as the dress code is designed to allow our children to concentrate on values and with their safety in mind.
Spring Fling Raffle Tickets
Congratulations Colt Community! The first "Ticket Turn In" raised $2,706. The April 4th prize winners were Taylor Tran (PK4) and Zoe Meuser (8th)! Taylor won a $20 gift card to Baskin Robins and Zoe won a Colt tumbler.
The second "Ticket Turn-in Thursday" for Spring Fling raffle tickets is this Thursday, April 11th. Students should bring their raffle ticket envelopes containing sold raffle tickets with money collected and turn in to their homeroom teacher. Students may earn a chance to win clothing passes, a Spring Fling T-shirt and Homework Passes. Also, for every 12 books sold, a student’s name will be entered into a weekly drawing to win gift cards, Colt prizes and more!
Want to be in the running for a weekly prize? Students' names will be entered into a weekly Colt prize drawing for every 12 books sold. Prizes include $20 gift cards and CCCS Spirit Store items. Top sellers will win a $100 Amazon gift card, runner up wins a custom cake ($100 value) made by our very own, Ms. Ponce. And…if we reach our $23k goal, CCCS students will win an epic CUPCAKE PARTY on May 1st!
Did you know… that the class that sell the most tickets wins a cake pop basket?
The CCCS community supports the parish Spring Fling raffle with the sales of raffle tickets. A portion of the proceeds benefit our students by providing operating dollars to the school. This fundraising helps to bridge the gap between tuition fees and the actual cost to educate each student.
Ticket counters needed! We need help with counting raffle tickets on “Ticket Turn in Thursdays” in April and the last Friday of April. Join us in the Jones room at 8:00 for coffee and counting. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours! Thank you to the wonderful group of parents that counted tickets last Thursday!
Thank you for your support!
Registration Referral Incentive
We are excited to announce that thanks to generous donors, Gilbert and Dee Dee Garcia, any current Corpus Christi Catholic School family, alum or parishioner is eligible to receive a referral fee of $500 for referring a new family to Corpus Christi Catholic School who enrolls at least one child during the 2019-2020 school year!
* The referred family and their child must meet all admissions requirements for Corpus Christi Catholic School.
* The referral fee of $500 will be disbursed on December 1, 2019 considering that the new family is still enrolled in CCCS.
* Disbursements will be made by either applying to current family’s tuition or check payable to referring family.
* The referral fee applies on a new per family basis; not new, per student basis (one referral fee of $500 if family registers four children or one child).
Lenten Fish Fry Service Opportunity
Scholars are reminded to bring their Service Hours Log for a signature.
Easter Egg Hunt
- For God's continued healing of Cardinal DiNardo
- For God's healing of Ms. Liz Fretz, mother of Zoe Meuser (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Roman Mejia, father of Mrs. Gomez
- For God's healing of Ms. Donna-Maria Lange, sister of Susan Miller
- For God's healing of Mr. Luis Gomez, uncle of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Jerry LaBarrie, grandfather of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Vince Freeman, stepfather of Ms. Fucheck(MS ELA)
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Pablo Rodriguez, uncle of Mrs. Ponce