@ the Library
Detroit Country Day Middle School
OUR MISSION: Teach, Inspire, Explore
The primary mission of the Library program is to collaborate with classroom teachers in three critical areas:
- Research skills & information literacy
- Responsible use of print and online resources
What's available @ the Library?
- Print books, textbooks, magazines, and newspapers
- Research databases
- OverDrive e-books -- students visit http://dcds.lib.overdrive.com and log in with DCDS username and password
- Audio books
- Group study/project room
- Creative experiences with artistic coloring books, LEGO bricks, games, and more!
- Computer help desk
When do students get time @ the Library?
- Anytime during the day between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Whenever a classroom teacher and the librarian collaborate for assignments in research, information literacy, or reading.