Lindsey Library Newsletter
Welcome back! Happy 2016!
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favorite day,’ said Pooh.”
—The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne
Six Flags Read to Succeed Reading Club
It is time for the Six Flags Read to Succeed Reading Club! Below are a few important guidelines:
** Six Flag reading logs and parent letters will be placed in your teacher box on Monday, January 4. Please send these home in Tuesday folders.
· Everyone should have an account. Go to sixflags.com/read to access your teacher account. You will need your email account and password to log in.
· Each teacher will be responsible for entering their own students. Teachers will need to enter at least ONE student online in order to earn a FREE teacher ticket.
· The due date for the reading log is February 12, 2016. This will give us some time, if some come in late, to get them entered before the official deadline of March 1, 2016 at 5 p.m. All students must be entered before March 1, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
· Students must complete six hours or 360 minutes.
· Once you have collected and entered all of the students reading logs online, please give me a copy. I will return the reading logs with the student tickets once they are printed.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need help! :)
Author Visit-Kimberly Willis Holt
We will be having our author visit this year on Tuesday, January 26. Kimberly Willis Holt will be our guest author for all of our grade levels. She has written picture books and novels. Please visit her website for more information about her. http://www.kimberlywillisholt.com/
A schedule for that day will be coming soon. :)
We are in the process of renewing our Pebble Go subscription for our school! If you are new to Pebble Go, it is a great pre-K to grade 3 database for reading and research. PebbleGo database includes built-in reading and research tools for emerging readers. Leveled text, educational games, and multimedia help teach concepts to your youngest researchers.
Please go to http://www.pebblego.com/login/index.html to access the database. The username and password are below. If we receive new ones once we renew our subscription, I will let you know.