TechStars Micro Internship
Lakeside School, TechStars Seattle
What is TechStars?
TechStars is an entrepreneurial accelerator program, similar to Y Combinator, where 10 startup technology companies go through a rigorous 3 month program, working with experienced entrepreneurs who mentor them through the process.
Who is at TechStars?
Of the 800+ applicants to the program, 10 teams are selected to participate in the 3 month course where they go through a rigorous curriculum with the end goal of being funded at the culmination of the program on Demo Day (November 1st)
Why are Lakesiders invited for a day?
We want to give students an opportunity to get a taste of the world of entrepreneurship. Having students work with the teams is a mutually beneficial experience, where the teams will get a new perspective and feedback on their product (as well as an extra set of helping hands).
- Read this Xconomy Article to familiarize yourselves with the companies.
- Please email Jace with 3-5 questions you have about TechStars, entrepreneurship, or any of the companies by Mon. Oct. 1, 10 a.m.
- Come with any additional questions (another 2-5 would be excellent!) printed for the afternoon Q & A session with Andy.
- Register for Demo Day on Thursday, November 1st! (Scroll down for link)
Tuesday, Oct 2nd, 9am-3:45pm
511 Boren Ave N
• Take exit 166 to Denny Way
• Turn right onto Denny from Stewart (1 block)
• Turn right onto Fairview Ave (3 blocks)
• Turn left on Harrison (3 blocks)
• Turn right on Boren (1 block)
• Parking will be hard: there is a lot on the corner of Boren & republican, $20/day, that's the cheapest. Otherwise feel free to park in any of Amazon's garages, (>$25/day) or street parking if you're lucky.
• 9:00am: Introduction to TechStars (what the program is, what is a microintern) - Andy, Kayla/Linsey
• 9:30am: Elevator pitches by each company
• 10:00am: Match students with companies
- 10:15am: Assign projects
• 11:30am: Lunch
• 12:30pm: Students return to work on assignments for teams
• 2:30pm: Students report back to companies to turn in results
• 3:00pm: Q & A session with Andy
• 3:45pm: done