January 23, 2015
#landonstrong in the house last night! Good to see you, friend!
ATOD Survey Next Thursday
SMS nipped in Spirit Contest... just wait until next year...
BONUS APP PACKAGE UPDATE
What are the requirements for the app package this term?
- 4 or fewer absences for second quarter
- no failing grade for second quarter
- no demerits for second quarter
- no technology violations for second quarter
- no assignments left on the EPIC list at the end of the quarter.
We will announce when the apps are available in the app portal. See Miss Nass if you have any questions.
The Lunch Box
Find menu choices, food descriptions and pictures,
dietary info and more!
Things to Do!
SMS Swim Team starts practice on February 2nd! All aquatic athletes are invited to join! Practices are held at the Scott County YMCA as follows: Feb. 2 thru Feb. 5 from 5:30 to 7:15 PM. Starting Feb. 9 practices will be after school until 5:30. A bus ride will be provided to the YMCA starting Feb. 9. The first meet is Feb. 11 at Jennings County. If you want to join swim team, sign up in the office next week and be sure your physical is on file with Mrs. Anderson.
BASEBALL sign ups are in the office now! The team is for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders!
SOFTBALL, GOLF, GIRLS TENNIS, and TRACK will start soon. If you want to play any of these sports and don't have a physical yet, get on it!
STORY SLAM - January 29th
Each month SMS students will have the opportunity to do storytelling after school at a Story Slam! The first Story Slam is set for Thursday, January 29th.
Here’s how the slam works:
- Stories must be true and must involve the teller
- Stories must be no more than 5 minutes long
- Stories should not include real names
- Story tellers must follow school rules (be kind; be sure not to embarrass anyone)
Here’s how the telling works:
- Sign up if you want to tell a story (in the office on the Friday before the Slam)
- Only 10 stories will be told each month (we’ll draw names if we have more than 10)
- Stories will be told in the MC from 3p.m. to 4p.m. on the last Thursday of each month
- January 26, 27, 28 during elective (let Mrs. Decker know if you’d like to meet)
- See Mrs. Decker, Riley Locke, Georgia Chilton, Regina Banda, or Victoria Giuliano if you have any questions!
Change in Online Deposit Policy - Tell your Parents!
Effective January 13, 2015, the Scott County School District 2 School Board voted to increase the fee when making an online payment through a student’s Harmony account. The fee has been increased from $1.00 to $1.75 to help in offsetting the charge that the district incurs from the credit card service. Parents can make lunch and textbook payments through their child’s Harmony account online. Payments can also be made at the child’s school or at the Business Office. If you have any questions about this service, you can contact the Business Office at 812-752-8999.
Tue. 27 A: $/Sense 8th SH, Builders' Board 3-4, Archery 3-4:30
Wed. 28 B: Cross 7:45a, Sci Olym 3-4:30, 6 BB v. Austin
Thu. 29 A: Student Council 7:15 AM, ATOD Survey Day, Archery 3-4:30, Story Slam 3-4, 7/8 GB @ Highland Hills, 6 GB v. Southwestern
Fri. 30 B:
Sat. 31: 7/8 BB @ Scottsburg Invitational