Iowa

The Hawkeye state

Big image

Land and Economy

Come to Iowa, the great 55,869 square mile farming state! If you like corn this is the state for you! Iowa is a great plains state that was formed by glaciers where 40% of people are farmers. The other 60% percent are retail categories, food processing, mining, software companies, and car making. I think you would love to be a farmer so you could have a 5,000 acre backyard.

Culture

Your favorite part of Iowa might be all the parties and festivals. They have a winter sports festival in Estherville, and a Tulip Time festival in Pella. A Grant Wood Art festival in Stone City, a Scandinavian Days festival in story city, and countless others. There is also a 500 mile bike ride from one side of Iowa to the other making it the longest bike ride in the united states. the name of this bike ride is: Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. Some people call this bike ride the RAGBRAI for short. This all proves that Iowa is the best state.

All images from www.google.com