SCMS Principal Update
Stuart Russ, SCMS Principal
Principal Update 11/8/19
Concert Season Begins Next Week!!!
1. Thank you to all who participated in last night's Parent-Teacher Conferences. We had nice turnout. If you were unable to attend last night or were unable to connect with a particular teacher, please be sure to connect staff via email.
2. Students continue to work hard on Exact Path during Hawk Time. To date, students have mastered over 4, 700 skills between reading and math. We hope to hit over 16,000 skills for the school year!
3. Picture retake photos were distributed to students early this week.
4. We wrapped up Red Ribbon Week today. Thank you to Mrs. Jacoby for organizing the event, and thank you to all who dressed up.
5. The Veterans Day Assembly will take place this coming Monday, November 11th. The program will run from 8:45 AM- 10:00 AM.
6. The Fall Orchestra Concert will take place on Tuesday, November 12th, from 7:00 PM- 8:00 PM. The Fall Choir Concert will take place on Thursday, November 14th, from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM. These concerts will take place in the high school auditorium.
7. In conjunction with Native American Heritage Month, "Rock your Mocs" will again be celebrated in Shawano Schools this year! The "Rock Your Mocs" event started in 2010 by Jessica "Jaylyn" Atsye, a member of the Laguna Pueblo in New Mexico. The "Rock your Mocs" event is a call to anyone to wear moccasins to coincide with Native American Heritage Month. Moccasins are an important part of Native American culture. We invite everyone to wear their moccasins to school on November 12 to celebrate and honor indigenous culture.
Here are a couple of links about the event.
8. Just a reminder that the Student Council Fundraiser item pick-up day is November 18th. Please make arrangements to pick up your items in the commons from 3:00 PM- 5:30 PM.
9. Finally, a reminder that we do not have school on November 22nd (professional development day for staff) and November 27th-29th (Thanksgiving Break).
Have a great weekend!