Fall also means that we are fast approaching our October 13th professional development date. This is a non-holiday day off for our students. Our North team will be together that Friday for a day entirely focused on professional learning. Please note this date along with other key October dates below in our calendar section.
For a version of this newsletter in Spanish, please click here.
Important October Dates:
- 10/4: Emergency Bus Drills (see below)
- 10/10: Vision Screenings
- 10/13: NO SCHOOL (Professional Learning Date)
- 10/17: EPS Let's Connect Event (6:00pm, see below)
- 10/21: North PTA Night @ Silvertips Game
- 10/26: Picture Retakes (see below)
- 10/26: North PTA Meeting (6:30pm, North Library)
- 10/27: Scarecrow Social & Trunk-or-Treat (6:00pm, see below)
Other Fall Dates of Note:
- 11/3: 12:20pm Dismissal (Fall Conferences)
- 11/10: NO SCHOOL (Veterans Day Observed)
- 11/13-11/17: 12:20pm Dismissal (Fall Conferences)
- 11/22-11/24: NO SCHOOL (Fall/Thanksgiving Break)
Fall Student Survey Forthcoming
Our fall administration of this Panorama survey will take place this coming Friday, October 6th, as part of our regularly rescheduled STAR period. To learn more about this survey and our fall administration, please see the below-linked letters.
Washington State Healthy Youth Survey
Our school is participating in the Washington State Healthy Youth Survey. The survey is given to all Washington students, grades 6, 8, 10 and 12. Here at North Middle School, our 6th and 8th graders will be taking the survey between October 16th and 20th in their English Language Arts (ELA) classes.
The Healthy Youth Survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, sexual behaviors, abuse, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities, and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous. There are no codes or information used to match a survey to a student.
Please read the attached Parent and Student Notification Letter for more information about the Healthy Youth Survey. If you need a letter in another language, or you have other questions, please call Assistant Principal Allison MacGregor Fornes at (425) 385-4891 or email at email@example.com.
Fall Fundraiser Underway!
Our North Middle School's fall ASB fundraiser is underway. Our goal for the fall includes raising $40,000 to support student activities, athletics, and events here at North. We are again selling the fabulous World’s Finest Chocolate and have an online store with various items including magazines, jewelry, wrapping paper and more.
Participating students will be able to earn a field trip to Arena Sports at just 4 boxes sold. This event includes bringing a friend (8 boxes sold) to enjoy bowling, mini-bowling, arcades, indoor soccer field, and mini golf. Plus, students can earn access to the 2-story laser tag by selling 6 boxes total and the Bring-a-Friend option at 8 boxes. We want to take as many students as possible on this trip for a day of fun so please help your child with the steps below.
It's as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Fill out the chocolate checkout form so your student(s) can start selling! This is our in-hand, in-town portion of the fundraiser.
- Register at www.fundprizes.com This is our online portion of the fundraiser. Every 3 online items sold counts as a box of chocolates toward all prize levels.
- Share custom support links with family & friends via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email, Text and more.
Please see the below/attached information sheet. Thank you for doing your part to make our fundraiser a success.
- Students must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see and hear. We will not allow any form of costume masks on campus during the school day.
- As always, attire cannot promote the use of marijuana/tobacco, drugs, alcohol or weapons of any kind. Additionally, attire must not include hateful, gory, or violent graphics, text, or representations.
- "Props" are not needed at school. Students should be especially mindful of not bringing anything associated with a weapon, violence, etc.
Your assistance is helping our students make good attire choices (on 10/31 and any other date) is valued and appreciated.
Scarecrow Social + Trunk-of-Treat Event
Doors open at 6:00pm for this family-friendly event including costumes, candy, games, music, and pumpkin carving (please bring your pumpkin). Entry cost is one canned good (any variety), for donation to the Everett Food Bank.
Students must attend with an adult (18 years or older) and will not be allowed to enter without the guidance of a responsible adult.
Volunteers are needed so please consider helping out - Contact our North PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer and/or ask questions.
Please join us for this wonderful evening of family and fun at this year's PTA hosted, Scarecrow Social and Trunk-or-Treat event!
North PTA is Growing - Please Join!
If you have not had the opportunity to join, it is not too late. We would love to welcome you to our North PTA and join other families that are passionate about the success of our school. You can join by clicking here or via the below QR code. Please consider joining as we would love to welcome you to our North PTA!
Let's Connect Event
Odds & Ends:
- 10/4 Emergency Bus Drills: Each fall, we practice emergency bus-exit drills to help our students understand what they should do in case of an emergency situation. Our scheduled drills will take place this coming Wednesday, October 4th. These drills occur in the morning, as buses arrive on campus. These are brief in nature and will provide plenty of time for students to eat breakfast.
- School Picture Retakes: Our school picture retake day is October 26th. Students who were absent on picture day, including students who enrolled after September 12th, will have their picture taken for the year. If you already ordered pictures and want your student to have a retake, please have your student bring their original picture packet to school in exchange for a retake.
Updates from our Everett Public Schools
Our Everett Public Schools newsletter for the month of October is linked/attached below. This specifically crafted monthly communication is designed to connect with all of our families and provide information pertaining to all of our schools/programs. This month's newsletter includes updates pertaining to:
- District Let's Connect Events
- Safety Reminders
- High School & Beyond Events
- and more!
Thank you again for taking the time to read our October edition of North News. We value and are honored to serve you and your family.
Thank you for being part of our North community!
Allison, Drew, & Tyler
North Middle School