Raymore Update: 04/21/15
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Girls On The Run
Third and fourth grade girls participating in Girls On the Run enjoyed listening to Miss Missouri Teen.
Limo Ride and Pizza Anyone?
Thirty five students earned a limo ride to Pizza Shoppe as a reward for selling Major Saver cards. We had so many students we had to take two groups! Students had a great time!
Keep Calm and Let the Secretaries Handle It!
Karla and Renee pose in front of their poster in honor of their celebration last Friday. Thank you ladies for all you do!
Girls On The Run
Limo Ride and Pizza Anyone?
Our Early Childhood classes enjoyed time at the Petting Zoo! Thank you to Larry and Ryan Wescoat for bringing such a fun adventure to our students!
Wish You Well
Marie Davis' husband received great news last week! The doctor does not suggest any further treatments after his recent surgery. Marie appreciates all the well wishes and prayers.
Wednesday, April 22 will be Nicole Prindle's last day with us as she completes her student teaching with Mrs. Moots in first grade. It has been great having Nicole part of our school family and we wish her well as she begins her new journey next year in the Belton School District!
Laurie Asher's last day with us will be this Friday, April 24. She has done a great job at taking care of Mrs. Meyers' first grade class room while Lindsay has been on maternity leave. We appreciate all her support she has provided to our first grade students and wish her well! We will welcome back Lindsay Meyer on Monday as she returns from her maternity leave.
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Take Your Child to Work Day-Thursday, April 23
Just a reminder... IF you have a student say that they won't be here Thursday, please get a form from Karla that can be sent with the student. The parent's employer will sign the form to verify the absence.
And the Winner Is....Dr. Hofmann!!
Protabula & Target Sheet Reminders
Papa John's Night Winner
Staff Game Night - May 1
Supporting Our Third & Fourth Grade Students for MAP
Thank you to K-2 teachers and students for supporting and believing in our third and fourth grade students and teachers! It means a lot! Our students are going to "Rock the MAP"!
PGP -End of Year Reflection
Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year Banquet- May 6th
Summer School Info.
The following is general information regarding this year's summer school program:
The The District’s 2015 summer school program is titled "Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead!" Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math topics will be integrated into summer school courses in a project-based format.
Summer School will begin June 1 and continue until June 25 (pending no weather-related school cancellations), and is open to all incoming kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- Kindergarten-8th grade summer school will be four days a week (Monday-Thursday)
- Kindergarten-8th grade students may choose to attend one session of two weeks, or two sessions to total four weeks.
- The majority of high school courses for credit will be five days a week (Monday-Friday).
- Some enrichment courses will follow a four-day per week schedule.
- Transportation will be available to students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Additional information and enrollment paperwork will be sent home April 2.
- Specific summer school sites will be determined based on enrollment.
- For students in kindergarten through sixth grade, fee-based Panther Pride child care will be offered (before and after school care and/or Friday, as needed)
- To download copies of enrollment forms visit our website http://raymoretigers.weebly.com/summer-school-2015.html
Classroom teachers please note:
- Summer school forms are due April 30.
- For those students that are being recommended for summer school, please complete the spreadsheet that Valerie Collom shared with you. This spreadsheet will then be cross referenced with the sheet Tina Fowler sends out at a later date. https://docs.google.com/a/raypec.org/spreadsheets/d/1BVlOH3Ou5kNN0pIz6RJWiB97uU_Y_loIpw6GjGJBQpc/edit#gid=0
Videos and Articles for You!
Make sure you check out the video link below. Mrs. Malone and our third grade students are interviewed by the Action 41 News Team! (click on the second video)
Reminders & FYIs
Kindergarten Screenings: Apr. 22-24
No intervention groups with Collom & Gordon: Apr. 23 & 24
Read A Thon Slushing Assembly: Apr. 24 @ 9:00 am
MAP Assessment: Apr. 27-May 1 & May 4-7
Cheris Visits: Apr.29
Teacher Appreciation Week: May 4-7
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Jennika asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement