Whitney Wolves Weekly News
February 9, 2024
Guidelines for Valentine’s Classroom Celebration’s
- Valentines brought from home to be passed out amongst student’s cannot contain anything edible. Students can bring in valentines such as (pencils, stickers, erasers, removeable tattoo’s etc.)
- No home baked food of any kind can be brought into school to share.
- If the celebration should include consumption of shared food, then a healthy option must be provided as well.
- All parents/guardians must be given prior written notice of the celebration and (i.e. pizza from XYZ)
- If parents offer to bring in a treat for the classroom celebration, food must be store bought/remain in the original packaging/sealed and brought to nurse’s office for approval.
- Any food purchased in a store or bakery must be brought to the nurse’s office for approval with the following conditions:
· Food must be in the original and sealed package (i.e. individual cracker packages must be brought in the multipack packaging/sealed)
· Ingredients on the package must be clearly visible for the nurse to read.
- No beverage other than water can be distributed to the students during classroom celebrations.
*Please note these guidelines are not for a student’s individual lunch or snack brought in from home for their consumption.
Room 23:Reward- Sports Day
The Enfield Public Schools' annual Invention Convention event will be held on Saturday March 2nd, in the auditorium and cafeteria at JFK.
Enfield Public Schools
K-12 STEAM Coordinator
CAS AWARD NIGHT
February Lunch Menu:
FOOD SHELF:Goal-200 boxes collected/We are at 31 boxes so far.
The Food Shelf Boat is back. This year we will be encouraging students and families to donate a box of cereal to add to our collection. All boxes will be collected for a 'Cereal Domino Run Event!' with all students participating in watching the boxes topple in a chain reaction throughout the school. The more we collect the more we feed and the longer our cereal run wil be!
Internet Safety Presentation for Caregivers:
OPT OUT OPTION for STUDENT PARTICIPATION AT SCHOOL PRESENTATION:
Family Engagement Night, has been rescheduluded to MARCH 5th:
FYI: IMPORTANT DATES to look for this school-year:
- 2/13 @1:30 APR- Winter Concert @ EW-caregivers welcome
- 2/15 5th grade trip to JFK- Band Concert presentation
- 2/16 No School, PL Day
- 2/16-20 Winter break
- 2/20 Staff PL
- 2/19 No School President's Day
- 2/20 No School PL Day
- 2/23 Berkshire Music, 9:45am, APR grades 3-5, Grades close
- 2/26 Internet Safety Assembly, APR 5th grade only- 5th grade parents welcome @ 1:30
- 2/28 Spring pictures, Build a Mascot Night - 6-730 @EHS
- 2/29 Assemblt- Read-A-Thon
- Smarter Balance Assessment PEP Rally, TBD
- 3/5 Family Engagement Night
- 3/8 Drop Everything and Read, Report Cards Issued through email
- 3/13 Early Release @ 1:30pm PL Day
- 3/23 Spring chorus concert
- 3/29 No School Good Friday
- TBD: 5th grade Technology Safety w/EPD
- 4/17 @ Public Library: One Book Three Schools- Kick-off 6-7, APR
- 4/08-4/12 Spring Vacation
- 4/24 Early Release @ 1:30pm, PL Day
- One Book Three Schools
- 5/6-Tenative for 5th grade visit to JFK- PLAY
- 5/15- JFK tour- 5th grade
- 5/22 Early Release @ 1:30pm, PL Day
- 5/27 No School, Memorial Day
- 5/29 Field Day, Rain Date 5/31
- 5/30 Author Visit
- 6/3 EW Awards Assembly
- 6/10- Scheduled last day of school
- 6/19 Juneteenth Celebration
New Eli Whitney PTO Website - www.enfieldpto.com/Whitney
Please note the change in our PTO website name.
PTO Executive Board:
- Cindy Kinney- President
All families are encouraged to join the Eli Whitney PTO. Meetings will be held on a Wednesday of each month. Times will be announced
We look forward to collaborating with our Whitney community.
The next meeting will be held on 2/7/24, TEAMS link will be provided to all for virtual attendance.
Caregivers:Please complete the returning student registration
For students and families that access CREC transportation:
Cold and winter weather is quickly approaching:
With cold weather quickly approaching. please be advised that students must wear clothing appropriate for cold and wintery days in order to participate in outdoor recess. Students need to have access to sweatshirts, sweaters, coats, hats, gloves or mittens to play outside. Students without these items, or who wear shorts to school will need to have inside time to support their safety and health. While the nurse and lost and found is often available for students to access a 'shared' coat, these items must be returned if used. Note, that often, the lost and found and nurse does not have specific sizes to fit all students. As the weather increasingly gets cold, please see the charts above and below to help guide your own decision-making.
Thank you for your continued support.
SAFETY FIRST: STUDENT DROP OFF AND PICK UP:
First, a big thaank you to all caregivers for following our safety guidelines when dropping off and picking up students in the parking lot area.
Second, because safety is always first, we have reviewed our procedures and find that in most cases things are working very smoothly. A few reminders and simple changes you may want to note:
- One way traffic only
- Students will be called to vehicles by the staff to ensure monitoring adults see them safetly to the vehicle
- NO PASSING other vehicles for any reason on the left or right.
- New NO PASSING signs will be posted on the right, while adult monitors are stationed on the left.
- Children should enter the left (Diver's) side of the car whenever possible. This allows us to make sure the child is in the car before the car begins to move. Entering the vehicle on the passenger side limits our ability to ensure your child's safety.
- If you are asked to pull up, please stop at the cones or where directed. This will help students remain safe while walking to your vehicle.
- If you are asked to park, because your child has forgotten something, please understand that this allows them the time to get their item from the school, while allowing the flow of traffic to occur without the need of passing. A staff member will walk your child to your car if you are asked to park.
If at anytime you have a concern over the pick/drop off routines, please feel free to cotact me in the office.
IReady homework and home helper:
Housing concerns and needs:
94 Middle Road
Enfield, CT. 06082