February 2016 Newsletter
Love is in the air!
Fun facts about Valentine's Day:
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year.
- In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression "to wear your heart on your sleeve."
- Physicians of the 1800s commonly advised their patients to eat chocolate to calm their pining for lost love.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
- 73 percent of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- If you’re single don’t despair. You can celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD) instead.
Did you know.....?
We pick up a maximum of TWO large-sized kitchen bags as well as broken down boxes every Monday & Thursday for $2.50 per pick up. We ask that you have them placed outside your front door before 10:00 a.m. the day of pick-up (please don't leave your trash out overnight). If you miss that time, simply let us know & we'll come pick it up.
If you're going to be gone for an extended time, we will look after your 4-legged family member. Dogs are $5 & cats are $2.50 (per visit) and we'll spend up to 15 minutes with them. Let us know what they need, in writing, prior to our scheduled visit.
As for your clothing, shoes & some household item cleaning goes, we have partnered with In The Bag Cleaners and they come every Tuesday & Friday at 9:30 a.m. to pick up & drop off. All they need is your credit card info & you pay for only the service (at a discount). How convenient is that? :) If you're interested, there is a coupon on the bulletin board near the mail station for your first cleaning.
Brand New Apartments Coming Soon!
Small favor to ask...
We do appreciate everyone working with us as we make many improvements & additions to Flats-324. We are excited for June 1st to be here so the pool & other amenities can be enjoyed!