CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Thursday, March 14th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
That was an interesting start to Spring Break! Thank you for your patience and support. The students were very well behaved and handled it extremely well. Many teachers were reading books to keep them distracted. I communicated updates via Remind. You can click here if you would like to join the group to receive text message updates.
The weather did not spoil a great ending to the third quarter and we have lots to celebrate. For starters, several classes underwent room transformations in an effort to mix it up. This required a ton of extra work for teachers, but the student's smiles made it all worthwhile. I've included several photos below.
Today's date is 3.14, or if you live in a world of math, it is also known as Pi Day. Some take it more seriously than others (see photo insert of Miss Cook).
We have also turned the corner on getting healthy as a school! The past three weeks have been tough, but this week was much better, and we plan to deep clean the rooms before students return on March 25th.
As you know, students complete Student Climate Surveys each quarter. This is anonymous and I conduct these in the classroom without the teacher present. Below is a chart showing our progress over the past two years. Yes, you are reading it correctly. Our students rated teachers with a 99.53% approval rating! This is an average of both prompts on the survey. Here is the breakdown for those prompts.
1. Do you like your teacher? 99.07% of students said "Yes."
2. My teacher cares about me (Grades K-2) or My teacher wants me to be successful (Grades 3-6). 100% of students said "Yes."
We will continue to strive for 100% in both, but there is much to be excited about regarding this data. When we talk about tracking data, this one ranks way up there in importance. You can't underestimate the importance of positive relationships on student success!
- Reading Challenge Dates: All bookmarks (3-6) or A-Z sheets (K-2) need to be turned in by April 26th for us to purchase tickets for the baseball game. The game will be on May 15th. We will let you know if we will need volunteers.
- Starting Monday, March 25th CSA Lincoln Elementary will be offering BREAKFAST IN THE GYM! Currently, students who choose to eat breakfast do so in the Art room, but after Spring Break we are moving this to the gym in an effort to increase awareness and the importance of eating breakfast. The cost is FREE for students who qualify for meal assistance; $1.35 for students that do not qualify for meal assistance. Your child does not need to participate in breakfast at school. If you prefer to not have your child participating in breakfast at school you have the option to control your student’s meal account or you can tell them not to pick up breakfast. By logging onto Mylunchmoney.com it is possible to register your student for free and manage their meal accounts. All you need is their student ID (You can contact Kristen if you need this information) and birth date to begin.
- Third-Grade students will be taking the iRead test the week we return from Spring Break. It is critical that all third-grade students return from break on time as the window closes at the end of the week. This is a high stakes state-mandated test. We are very confident that our students will perform well on the test.
- Due to the weather, our attempt at a new Hopscotch Record has been postponed.
- Please see the announcement regarding the Quarter 4 Perfect Attendance Challenge!
Have a great Spring Break, and we look forward to seeing everyone at school on Monday, March 25th!
Quarter 3 Husky Gram Drawing Winner- Ashtin!
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- March 15th-22nd-Spring Break (if no more snow days)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
Join us a we jump into our next PTO Fundraiser Night!
Where: Urban Air Franklin
Date: Sunday, April 7
Time: 4-8PM (2 hour and 30 minute jump passes available for purchase)
Look for our flyer after Spring Break for more details. We hope to see you there!
Next PTO Meeting:
Thursday, April 18th, 6-7PM in the CSAL Library
Trailblazer and Girls on the Run Information!
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley